Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar 4TNV98 oil Filter?

Hyundai60CR9 ยท 2017-04-05 20:52

Anyone know which oil filter the Yanmar 4TNV98 3.3L takes? I can't believe it, but searching for it has yielded nothing I could trust.

Replies6
  1. #1Birken Vogt2017-04-05 21:47

    Same as all Yanmars near as I can tell. What brand/PN did you come up with?

  2. #2Hyundai60CR92017-04-05 23:32

    I found a listing on ebay that claimed to fit the 4TNV98, but that was the best I could find and I'm hoping for a more authoritative source.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2017-04-06 00:05

    What brand filter do you use? And what is on it now?

  4. #4Hyundai60CR92017-04-06 00:22

    I don't trust what is on there now, it some off brand I never heard of. It mechanical my fit, but that does not mean the bypass pressure is correct for the machine. I could just put the same filter brand/model back on it, but if it is not correct, I would just be perpetuating the error. So for now, I'm just ignoring what is on there.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2017-04-06 00:28

    I don't have any Yanmar lookup info but everything I have points to the same info. Wix 51334 or Donaldson P550162. Some of them direct lookup for that engine model number. Others close. I see no other filters listed for any Yanmar engine in that size range.

  6. #6Hyundai60CR92017-04-06 00:50

    I like the Wix 51334. I can now use that for further cross referencing here: http://www.oilfilter-crossreference.com/convert/Wix/51334 Thanks all!