I've seen threads like this one while browsing, but I have some additional questions. my E70 is dead on one side (hydraulics, right track, bucket and boom). I have switched the pump output lines and the problem moves to the other functions, so I have a bad pump, right? here's what I'm having trouble understanding...there's only one pump in this machine. an uchida a10vd43 has a single rotary group, and since some functions are strong, how can that pump be bad? thanks, jim
Is it a E70 or a E70B? My E70 has two pumps. One attached behind the other. hugs, Brandi
I had the same exact problem and same pump on a cat 307ssr grey market it is a dual pump with 2 rotating assemblies internally. Mine had a broken ring that holds the Pistons in place and let all the piston heads wear. I've had a terrible time trying to find anyone to fix it reasonable
this is an E70B. there are 3 stacked pumps, the hydrostatic pump, the pilot pump and the blade pump. exploded views of the hydro pump show a single rotating group, and the parts list for the pump indicate the same single rotating group. there are 2 outputs from the hydro pump, but I cant find an exploded view of the entire pump to see how the flow is split. brandi? are you saying that your machine has 2 separate hydro pumps? or that your pump has 2 rotating groups internally? dcomp? do you know the model # of your hydro pump? everything I see on the net lists the same uchida a10vd43 for the 307. thanks, jim
this is the exploded view that I am going by: http://www.screwmax.com/index.php?p...com_virtuemart&Itemid=173&vmcchk=1&Itemid=173 jim
Jim, I have two pumps connected back to back. Not sure if they are on a common shaft or some time of coupling inside. hugs, Brandi
brandi, are those 2 pumps in the same housing? or are there 2 pump housings stacked? thanks, jim
Two pumps stacked. I don't have a pilot pump. hugs, Brandi
ok, thanks brandi. that's a different setup than mine. I have a single hydro pump on the back of the engine, and then the pilot pump stacked to that. what I need to figure out is, whether or not that drawing is correct and there is only a single pump inside of that housing or if there are indeed 2. if there is only a single pump, then the flow must be split to the 2 outputs. one output is dead, the other seems to have sufficient flow and pressure to operate its' half of the machine. I'm hoping to get a definitive answer to that question before I pull the pump. jim
Dunno from the E70, but typically the Japanese pumps with two outputs from a single rotating group the flow is split at the barrel and valve plate, they're ported to flow every other piston to each outlet basically.
thanks lantraxco, that would make sense, except that there are 9 pistons. there look to be 3 or 4 outlets on the valve plate, maybe they split all piston outputs inline? jim
I think that's a generic picture, this one shows 10 pistons?
ahhhh, thanks for that! what sight is that from? that also shows 2 rows of ports on the valve plate. looks like maybe valve plate scoring is a possibility now. any good parts sources for these pumps? thanks, jim
There are 2 rotating assemblies on the shaft facing opposite each other sharing the swash plate. The broke ring and piston wear I was telling you about. Where I ordered my parts from. Other life problems has brought my project to a halt so I can't vouch for the quality of the parts other than looks good
More pictures for your viewing pleasure.
wow, thanks for those pics. so that blows all of my previous assumptions out of the water. did you order from a u.s. dealer or directly from handok? thanks, jim
thanks for all of this dcomp. you have provided the definitive answers to my questions. all I need now is to tear it down and get some parts coming. so did you order from a u.s. dealer or handok directly? jim
Learn something new every day, I stand corrected!
I ordered from them from Korea. You can find the parts here but it seems like Noone really wants to deal with the grey market machine and prices accordingly. I can't remember the website I found them on its been awhile since I've studied this stuff. I also found a manual it's for a kobelco but it has the same pump. I'll study on how to send it to you. It is on my phone at the moment
thanks for everything dcomp. too bad we're not closer or I'd come help you reassemble that machine. lantraxco, thanks for your help too. although it wasn't applicable to my current situation, I learned about the pumps that split their output via the valve plate. might come in handy on another project. http://www.hydraulic.co.kr/ that websitelooks like it's gonna be a bear to navigate, and I'm not looking forward to ordering from korea too. anyone have any u.s. sources? jim
I found a place in Ontario that stocks the parts for this pump. they quoted $375 for each rotary group, and also sell the parts separately. dcomp? was handok any cheaper? jim
It's been awhile since I've studied on this thing I'm pretty sure I give 500 for the rotating assembly including the Pistons and few other small parts. I did have to wire transfer the money which was scary and still can't vouch for the quality of the parts other than looks good. There's a hydraulic repair place in Mississippi and another in Memphis that said they could repair it or supply parts but if I remember correctly they were still pretty high and I bought this thing with the pump already off and not running so I've been slow about spending too much on it. Sorry if not much help
i saw the place in Mississippi on ebay. they want just shy of $4000 to rebuild this pump. not a good option in my opinion. for $375, you get everything in one rotating group except the 3 little pins. so, for around $800 with shipping I should have 2 strong pumps when I'm done. my machine has around 8000 hours on all original hydraulics, so it's time to freshen her up. the final drives are also available in aftermarket now, for around $1300 each. tracking has been logey for the last couple of years, so that'll be my next investment. thanks again dcomp jim
If that place in Mississippi is the one I think it is, you would never see your money or your pump again anyway. Yes, that is the voice of experience. YMMV If your tracks are weak, first suggestion is always check or reseal your swivel joint, it's common for those seals to get tired and bypass oil.
good idea with the swivel lantraxco, my blade drifts off too, and I was thinking that the cylinders would need repacking. jim
good video, and it happens to be an e70b.
Thanks Jim for the video link. I thought I was gonna have to pull my rotary joint before and was gonna drop it as an assembly. Just the thought of all those lower lines being disconnected and dripping on me had be double thinking that. Now I know better. I also saw the same Youtube guy show a video on how to rebuild a cylinder on the machine, which all three of mine will need this year. I guess the big bonus was seeing a final drive parts video where they said they are in Magnolia, Texas. Which puts them about 29 miles from me. Woohoo, that is great! hugs, Brandi
Jim, Can you provide a link for the place in Ontario? Thanks. hugs, Brandi
here ya go brandi. http://www.jlparts.com/uchida_2012.php
Jim, Thank you! hugs, Brandi
I know this is an older thread but how did your parts work out from Korea? Good quality and last a while?
Does anyone have a shop manual for this a10vd43 pump please send it to me as I really need it this is my email address [email protected]