Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar 4TNV98C REBUILD

JAKE DOYLE ยท 2023-02-08 17:37

I have a JOHH DEERE 6OG with a 4TNV98C that one of my ex employees decided to put silica sand in the oil. It locked up tight and I cant find parts anywhere. Ive heard I could use 4TNV98T short block and convert it to work. Does anyone know if this is true? I understand the T stands for turbo but not sure I should order the 4TNV98 or The 4TNV98T parts.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-02-08 20:53

    Is your ex employee in jail or got a huge fine to cover the costs of repair? I think I'd want a complete new drop in engine. Also do some oil samples on the hyd's. and any other oil compartments. If sand was put in the hyd's. your machine is pretty much a write off. Was the ex employee young and/or a hot head? Sounds too stupid to realize it's deliberate vandalism in the 10's of thousands of dollars.