Hey guys, looking to see if anyone knows where I can buy a service manual for the Yanmar B50 that I picked up earlier this week. Just looking to do basic maintenance and get a better feel for the mini. Usually I can Google the model and then buy and print out the PDF but not in this case. Thanks in advance
I got mine for a Bobcat off of e bay...you may want to try there. Good luck with it.
Yup, got mine off ebay
Hey thanks for the response. I do have a gray market model 50-2 but hopefully the US service manual is not much different. I was able to get a shop service manual in PDF format, but it does not show me the very basics, such as engine oil changes. It gets very in-depth details on engine specs and measurements, hydraulic components Ect, track settings.
Look for an operators manual, that should give you all the maintainance info.
i have a b-50 gray market open no cab i never found any manuals myself. did everything from common mechanical knowledge if anyone has a service manual id be happy to contribute to their cause for a copy or good down load im actually looking for a slightly newer machine just to get a cab with heat and a/c as now a have a need to use it for winter firewood log moveing to my firewood processor. any idea what mines worth ??? runs great !!! have to check but i think 5000 hrs ???
Hey turf blazer, thanks for the info. I’ll just use basic mechanic skills as I service the B-50. Filter numbers i will just cross reference off the old ones. What do you run for hydraulic oil in yours? Any idea of how many gallons it will take on a oil change? Anything I should pay close attention to when servicing it or running it? Just to give you an idea of price, I paid $11,000 for this one last week. 4400 hours, good tracks, no known problems yet. Pins and Bushings have some good play in them though. Here’s a picture of it
I use the super trac brand hydraulic oil sold at tractor supply. It holds about 20 gallons. Mine looks identical to yours and I paid 10,500 for it with 3 buckets.
Sounds good, thanks. I’m going to hopefully do a fluid service here in the next couple weeks. Assuming to find a hydraulic filter in the tank next to the fuel tank? Also probably a filter accessible from under the swing housing? Thanks
i agree about 20 gallons. if and when you need to replace rubber tracks be careful which ones you buy. i screwed up big time. the original internal metal cleats have a tail on them that allows the bottom rollers to ride on the cleats longer giving a smoother ride. the new tracks i bought didnt have that tail, holy **** on hard surface its horrible. anyway i haven't totally concluded but im pretty sure that pulsation is being transferred to a pulsation within the hydraulic lines driving the final drive . causeing them to fail right at final drive. it drains the whole tank after about 1 year i had to replace 1 hydraulic hose from final to the under turret connection ( 20 gallons gone ). not long after 2 nd line blew, well when my 3rd line blew i decided to do the 4th line and save 20 gals . saveing the last 20 gals paid for the 4th line. weather you change tracks or not im saying when you blow your 1st line for finals change them all !!!!! what a dumb ass i was !!!! i see your not plumbed for the thumb but id guess you have a extra valve like i did, i just added the extra hoses and made my own lever up threw the floor right by front seat, hydraulic thumb is 2000% better then a pinned one. besides that its been a great machine id guess had mine for 15 years and dug out a lot of serious stumps . ohh by the way i can pickup a 6 foot by 2x2 cement block ( 4000 lbs ) just in front of the blade . cant go out with it or really place it from the air but you can drag them around . repacked the main boom cylinder this last season it was leaking down.
yes filter in the tank. nothing under the turret housing that i ever seen.
Hey turf blazer, Thank you for all the information and recommendations. Have you replaced bucket teeth and pins before? If so, any idea what mine has so I can order new ones? Mine are pretty worn and I cannot make out any marking or numbers on them. Thanks again!
i have only ever done build up welds on my shanks. ive never had good luck with teeth staying on with previous backhoes probably with all the stumps and concrete ive dug out seems like welding has served me well. ive dug so much rock and **** with this only one same 18" bucket i wore holes in it and last year welded extra plates and angle iron in the thin areas ( new bucket again ) ( im cheap ) pins are mm never replaced any bushings yet / i use grease !!!! their a little sloppy but not at a bushing replacement point only other thing i can add since i 1st got it the travel tends to go off straight when both levels are pushed full, i think 1 pump is weaker than the other but again ive never done anything but just leave one lever back a little. sometimes when dozing too heavy you can hear the relief valve squeal , just raise blade a little and fine again. on the pins or bushings get a friend at a machine shop. i little slop never hurt anyone !!!! in less its your girlfriend. and that could be your fault !!! can you get me that download ? manual
this sucker will move some big rock
Hey yes I can send you the manuals PDF. Shoot me a email address and I’ll send you what I have
Hello Haymaker101 and turfblazer. I just bought a B50 and old Case D-310-G dozer. I'm dumber than the dirt I need to move. Hope you can have some pity on me and help me out. On the Yanmar I found the oil dipstick for the engine and think I've found the tank for the hydraulics. Know I have to find filters and check them. I've searched all over the internet and found very little. I sure need a manual. I can read. Haymaker101-Any chance you can send me something? I'm completely in the dark. I want to do a full checkout before I try to operate it, but don't know how or what to check. Fires right you and everything seems to work though. How do I tell which model it is? B50 , B50-1, B50-2, 2A 2B ...... Seems to be a host of these.
Here is my email if that will help. [email protected] Thanks.
Can you send me the pdf for the B50 my email is [email protected] Thanks
Hello there… I have a 2000 B50 And I’m looking for PDF manual’s as well specifically the repair manual… I was wondering if you still had that PDF available and or willing to send it… Would prefer not to spend over $100 on paper copy… Being I’m cheap and would like to invest that money in parts instead… Let me know if that be possible… My email address is [email protected] Thank you in advance for the help.
Hi Haymaker101 Would be able to get a copy of those Yanmar excavator manuals ? My email address is [email protected] thanks Ed
My email address is [email protected]
Good Morning Haymaker101 Thanx for the response on PDF manuals for Yanmar B50 mini please send to EMAIL [email protected] if it is easier for you Dropbox works fine as well.... thanx for the share
Glad to see some more information on the forums about these gray market yannmars. I just picked up a B50 last year. 4 buckets, brand new tracks, new/rebuilt hydraulic pump for $11,000. It seems we are paying about the same. I have cringed a few times, as I found some online links that showed people paying 6-7 grand.... Im in the same boat as most of you, pins and bushings are worn....need to find the time do it. Im a guardsman deployed to Africa right now, and since I spent some time in Germany, where Yanmar is big, I was hoping I could find some manuals there, but no luck. My fear with some of the manuals I see online is I never know how good they really are. I bought a manual for my Massey Fergusson 65 online, and it was 2 or 3 manuals slopped together, none of them complete. That being said, if someone wants to send me the manual they have, it would be much appreciated.. [email protected] Have any of you guys considered changing the hydraulic lines on the controls? My B50 is a pain. I won't even work close to buildings with it yet because I'm afraid I will swing into them. They are set up in a way that I've never seen before. I am assuming we can just change the lines around and be OK, but I feel like I need to see a manual before I get into changing lines around. What do you guys think about starting a thread just for B50's? Seems ilke online information is hard to come by...
Hey all, in same boat here. Bought a b-50 at estate auction and it’s stickers all in Japanese, I’ve found the engine plate identification and tried to find info but it’s hard to find for sure. Lookin to do a complete fluid change but not completely sure what type, weight or filter sizes. Any helped would be appreciated! Thanks Blue
I sure could use a manual .... my email is [email protected]
Can you share the Yanmar excavator manual with me .My email address is [email protected] Thanks Ed
[email protected]
Hello Heymaker101, I have been working on a Yanmar B50 and was seeing if you could send me a copy of the Yanmar excavatar manuals you have? I have rebuild 2 of the cylinders, rebuilt both piston pumps, and changed the gear pump to a after market becuase I couldn't find anything for the OEM. My email is [email protected] Thank You Richard
Haymaker101, is there any way I could ask you (or anybody else that has it) to send a manual for the Yanmar B50 to me as well? I bought a B50-2 few years ago, assured it was not grey market, but found it is. Email is [email protected] I am having a problem with 1 of the joysticks having far too much play in it. What happens is it turns when you are using it, making it difficult to control exactly which function you activate. The rods and universal joint seem to be in good condition, but the mount for the control in the locking sleeve has the play allowing it to turn. I am unable to get it apart as it seems the only way is to drive out a pin in the universal which I haven't been able to do. If anybody has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.
Hey send me your email and I’ll send you the PDF
If you can, please send one: [email protected]
Hi Haymaker101 can you send me the pdf B50 manual as well to: [email protected] Cheers Dennis
Hi Can you send me the B50 manual to: [email protected] Thanks & cheers Dennis
Hi Haymaker, any chance you could mail me the service manaul you have for B50. I live in France - thanks. [email protected]
Hi everyone. Is someone able to send me a copy of the manual? [email protected] Cheers Daniel
Hello all, joined the Gray Market B50 club also. Its in pretty good shape, runs well, but like others have mentioned, bucket and pins are a little loose. Would appreciate any info anyone has to pass along, so I could do some proper maintenance and repair as needed. Thank you for your help. [email protected]
Hi, Just recently purchased a Yanmar b50. Would someone be able to send me a copy of the manual it would be much appreciated. Email is [email protected]
Hi, I was wondering if I could also get a copy of the b50 manual. Thanks
What's is your email ?
[email protected]
can I also get a copy of this [email protected]
Hi, I would like a copy of the manual if possible, [email protected] thank you, Dennis
I sent you a email with manuals.
I sent you a email with manuals.
Hi, Hope all is well. Any chance you can send me a copy of that manual? [email protected] Thanks in advance!!!
Hello all, joined the Gray Market B50 club also. Its in pretty good shape, runs well, but like others have mentioned, bucket and pins are a little loose. Would appreciate any info anyone has to pass along. Thank you for your help. [email protected]
Hi, any chance I could also request a copy of the manual from someone? My email is: [email protected]
Just look Yanmar PDF Manuals at this site: https://www.tractormanualpdf.info/
Hi tool_king wondering if you are able to pass along a copy of that service manual please [email protected]
Hey tool_king wondering if you are able to pass along a copy of that service manual please [email protected]
Also looking for fluid capacity of swing motor?
Manuals emailed
Hey tool_king, wondering if u have would possible have chapters 1-6 of the operator/service manual for b50 excavator?
I do not have chapters 1 to 6 . Wondering if Heymaker may be able shed some light on it .
Hello Guys! Can I get a copy of the manual? [email protected] Thank you in advance!
I started a yanmar b50 group on Facebook so we can build the knowledge base for a great older excavator. https://www.facebook.com/groups/370578197906989/?ref=share
Hi please could someone send me a copy of the manual to [email protected] Thanks!
Thanks for the manual!
Hi, Would you send me the manual as well? [email protected] -Chris
Manuals emailed to you
Did anyone ever find the operator manual or service manual for a b50-1? I have the parts manual.
Just purchased a 1992 Yanmar B50. Any of those manuals work for me? If so, would greatly appreciate a pdf. [email protected] Please and thank you.
Where did you get your B 50 ? How much did you pay. I'm looking for a B50 or an IHI 55 J.
Hi, can someone email me manual too? I have a 99 with 11000 hours. [email protected]
On the way
Thanks a lot! to bad there was no hydraulic schematic
Let me see what else I have .
Hi, can i have a copy of the manual if possible, [email protected] thank you so much
Not sure if you are active on this site but I jus asked to join your facebook group.