Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar Mini excavator track tension relief valve

rush ยท 2012-04-09 21:21

Anyone know where the relief valve is located on my Yanmar B50 track tensioner. I have looked everywhere I can think of for it and can only find the grease fitting to pump up the track tension. My experience with other excavators is that the relief is right near the fill port, i can't seem to find one. Is is possible there isn't one - and I just need to take out the grease fitting to relieve the pressure? Seems like the grease fitting might just shoot out at me if I did that!!! Any help is appreciated. thanks

Replies3
  1. #1cps2012-04-10 13:19

    There should be a big hex shape were the grease fitting is screwed in at, it will be about 22mm-24mm spanner size Hope this helps

  2. #2Mike Fuller2012-04-13 16:45

    May I have the serial number of this machne please? May I have the serial number of this machine please?

  3. #3Scuba_Si2012-04-19 11:54

    So what CPS says and you'll be fine. There will be no shooting out, just a bit of oozing.