for my next excavator i can choose between a yanmar or an xinchai engine what to choose and why ??
yanmar has been around for many years. at one time they supplied engines to Deere for their compact tractors. i personally would pick japanese-made over some others. replacement parts may be easier to get. about 20 years ago, one place i worked had a small fleet of john deere compact equip and the yanmar engines performed well and were durable
I don't think we have many xinchai engines in the united states. I have never seen one. Yanmar engines have been almost flawless whenever I have seen them used.
Yanmar is a proven reliable engine, as mentioned Deere has used them on compact tractors for years. I have two Deere commercial mowers at work powered by Yanmar that are 20 years old with no engine issues. It would be my choice.
Deere still uses Yanmar engines. My 1996 Deere 955 tractor has one....do routine service and sleep good at night. Always starts no matter how cold. Almost 2000 hours and I've never touched it. Ed
Sorry, but the comparison is like that of a large factory with a small manufacturing facility!!! The Xinchai engine was founded: 1980. Product market: China only. The Yanmar engine was founded: 1912. Product market: All round the World. My opinion is unbelievable products made in China, especially in the construction machine industry. They do not have the necessary reliability.