Hi Lads I have a Hitachi ZX130/3 that wont start. Machine ran out of diesel and they kept cranking it until they ran down the batteries. I have bleed up the system but I am not getting any rail pressure now. I have checked suction control valve and it seems to be ok. I took of fitting of safety valve on the rail and I have no leakage when cranking. I have 14.4v on both wires of each injector with ignition on. Seems to be quiet a bit of leakage of the injectors while cranking? I am thinking injectors are shot?! What are your procedures for checking these 4JJ1's in no start situation?
Hi dude, Is there any fault code display on the monitor?? Such as: 157-2.....157-3.....636-2....636-3....
Hi No faults logged on DrZx.
All right, Now you should check 02 items: ECM main relay and others related (wiring, connector...); check at ECM connector number 1-2 and 1-5 . EMERGENCY STOP SWITCH status and others related; check at ECM connector number 1-47 .
"COMMON RAIL PRESSURE" is not only depend on "SUCTION CONTROL VALVE" . It depend on condition of "SUPPLY PUMP" very much. Have you checked supply pump condition and others related (filter, hose, piping...) yet??
No not yet i have the injectors out to get tested first. The counter weight has to come of to remove high pressure and machine is in the middle of the bog so I am starting there. Lots of diesel getting to the high pressure pump and I am getting diesel out of the return of the injectors when cranking. I swapped ecm relay with another one I know is good and relay is being turned on. Do these only start to inject when rail pressure reaches a certain value? I should not have leakage off the injectors until it starts injecting? Am I wrong in saying this?
It's sure! By the way, have you checked of "RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR" Voltage yet?? We, sometimes have to use a common rail pressure sensor voltage simulator to start the engine when the common rail pressure sensor fails!! P/S: The simulator price is cheap.
If your sure that it died due to fuel loss I would double check the e stop switch. If that checks out then I would monitor the engine speed in the dash display to see if the controller sees it. It may not be building pressure due to not seeing engine speed or you may have a timing chain issue. A quick way to check if it’s just a fuel issue is to spray a little starting fluid and see if it wants to start(I know not everyone likes that idea). If it starts with the ether then I would check the SCV. I believe it should build max pressure with it unplugged.
If you cross the 5v down the signal wire would this trick it into thinking there is rail pressure to see if it fires?