Hi Everyone, Have a little Yanmar 1.7t excavator that went over backwards so the tracks ended up pointing to the sky and the back of the ROPS frame laying on the ground. From what I've been told by the operator the engine probably run in this state at full revs for approx 30sec before being turned off. It was then pulled over to the point in the pic. The photo shows how I found it which had been like this for maybe 1 hr. The operator tried to start it in this position but oil had made it to the top of the pistons. I removed the glow plugs and turned it over to remove excess oil. It now runs but has a knocking noise. It's hard to say if it's a big end gone or bent Conrod. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Good day I would suggest that the only safe way would be to dismantle the motor and check it out maybe prevent a bent conrod from saying hello. Kind regards Uffex
You could pull the head and measure piston height. May have bent a rod. Prolly should pull engine though. Operator may have ran it longer then stated trying to get it upright who knows