The drive on my mini was making a grinding noise and the track would not move. Now grinding noise is gone and the drive is not moving at all Any ideas or a manual diagram of what to look for? Appreciate the help
The drive hub on the outside should have oil fill plugs, position the plug on the bottom and remove plug, drain oil into a clean pan. If a lot of metal comes out with oil, planetary gears are likely trashed. If oil is clean, likely a problem with drive motor.
Thanks Willie Unfortunately with nothing turning I cannot get the drain to the bottom Looking at trying to source a complete assembly. Any suggestions on a possible supplier would be appreciated
Gofigger, What part of Canada are you from? I can point you in the direction of a local dealer that can help you get your ViO20 up and running! Thanks
Looking for help in Manitoba. Can also easily access Pembina ND for parts. Really appreciate the help on this !!
Your problem could be in the drive motor, or in the final drive (planetary hub), no way we can know which it is. If it won't turn to remove a drain plug, can you perhaps remove cover on final drive to view internal components? I don't know what final drive the VIO 20 uses, so I don't know if this is possible. If you're looking for a complete unit, try H&R Const Equip Parts. http://www.hrparts.com/finaldrives.html
Gofigger, The closest established dealer to Pembina, ND is: Titan Machinery-Minot 5015 Highway 2 East Minot, ND 58701 P: 701-852-3188 We have a new dealer being setup in Manitoba, but they are still going through the setup process and do not have access to parts. If you have any other questions please let me know!
Thanks Willie I have been hesitant to remove and have a look until I can confirm finding a replacement drive. The machine is currently in an isolated location so want to make sure once I start repair I can finish !! Appreciate the pointing to HR Const. I have been in touch with their branch in Edmonton Canada to get pricing and availability..
Thanks Yanmar I will get in touch with them as I also need safety coupler pin... Hope the Manitoba dealer works out for you folks !!
Once again this forum and it's members have been great help. Ended up dealing with Dominion Equipment but both HR and Titan provided some great help as well. New drive went in smooth and machine is back up and running great. Thanks all