I don't know if all Bobcat compact excavator units are like this one, it's likely there are other models that are similar. This one on a 335 G Series machine, the blower motor for the heat/AC fan went down, needed to replace blower motor. Removing seat was easy, went downhill from there. The white bracket above the air unit is the seat mounting bracket welded to back of cab, only a bit more than 1/4" above air unit. That's when I discovered I could not get the top cover off of the air unit, seat bracket would not allow lifting cover far enough to clear side flanges of cover. Couldn't move air unit forward either because hoses for unit come through small rectangular hole in floor plate. Now I ain't about to blow down refrigerant to disconnect hoses, neither am I going to drain cooling system to disconnect heater hoses. Solution, zizz wheel on a die grinder. Cut a section of floor plate to make a notch for hoses to allow moving air unit forward. Slide air unit foward until hoses are at the edge of new notch in floor plate. Yep, that should do the trick. Cover comes off easy now.
Got blower motor replaced, put unit back together and mounted. Now, what to do with that new hole in the floor. Simple, weld two tabs on the piece of floor plate that was cut out, drill holes in tabs, drill and tap holes in floor plate, mount the removed plate back in the floor plate with machine screws. Unit it all fixed up and mounted, ready to go again.
nice work willie! bobcats are tight s.o.b's eh. still checking "whats cooking" every few minutes to see what you are marinating. i like the similarity of the "how to" threads. does not matter if it is cooking or wrenching. regards, cd
LoL, I still haven't decided what's for supper tonight CD. All things considered, this air unit wasn't bad to work on at all, once I got the *#)@ lid off! I would be curious as to how Bobcat shop would do this repair, drain heat/cooling systems, remove hoses? If they do that, you're looking at substantial more labor and expense to do something as simple as replace blower motor, replace speed resistor, etc. Cutting the notch was simple and easy. Doing it this way, pretty much any Bobcat machine owner, with even minimum mechanical skills, could do this repair and save the green stuff in their wallet. One just needs to be careful when cutting the notch and drilling/tapping the holes as there are hoses and fuel tank in that area, but still not hard to do.
Willie, I think that most of the Bobcat minis have the same set up. It looks exactly like the 435 I have. I only know this because I had to pull all that stuff out to replace the swing ram that resides under the floor plates. The one difference, if memory serves, is that my 435 did not have the white bracket that you had on your subject machine. I thought that my seat base/barckest was bolted to the rear firewall. BTW, I had to evacuate the A/C system to do the job.
Great job willie...my seat bracket (2003 - 331) is bolted to firewall, so I had an easier time of it. Although this thread is old, I was wondering if anyone has found a suitable AFM air filter for these boxes? The OEM one I have in there is silly...a tin framed filter with wire mesh, and stuffed with wool like material...washable, but I doubt it really cleans or stops anything.
tack welded a file to an saws all blade and filled the screw heads off. Tapered block of wood to hold the back of the cover when done lol. Yep, I'm a redneck
I have a 2005 Bobcat 442. My ac vent (where the air comes out got pushed down in to where it is beside the fan turning vent I turn machine off. Got the vent it self out now the fan will not come on but turns freely. Help I read lots of you post on here so helpful.