Hi guys, Need to do a final drive oil change on my Vio17. I looked through the manual and it tells you how to do pretty much everything except change the final drive oil. Normally I'm pretty comfortable doing it, but these final drives don't seem to have a designated "drain" or "fill" holes like others I've worked on. Any tips?
I have the next machine up which is different. But i vaguely remember some one else posting same question so if you search the posts with a few key words you should find your answer. I think one of the outside bolts turned out to be a drain. Tip, don,t attempt with normal allen keys, I use allen key socket and tap them in firm and keep pressure on inwards when turning as you can strip the hexs. It can be a challenge getting the correct quantity of oil in and out so have a plan before you start. You have air in the drive trying to get out as you fill so often you have to pump it in through small tube. Try the compact excavators when you search which is probably where this post should be if your looking for better results. Cheers
Thanks. I found the post here: HeavyEquipmentForums Apparently they are lubricated and cooled by hydraulic fluid, thus no oil change necessary.