I just purchased a VIO30 with 3200 hours. The seller never explained that it was Gray Market. It is a gray market machine that I didn’t realize until it was too late. Local dealers are jerk offs that won’t help me with parts. I have a manual but it’s useless without a US conversion. Once they look up my part numbers they tell me not available and junk the machine. My questions are these.... What model version is the US one of mine so I can get a parts catalog for it? The part numbers must be different. Where can I get parts? Does anyone have a maintenance manual? I’m stuck in the woods with a bad track tensioner. Hoping my marine hydraulics repair shop can help out. Thanks for reading
That's because they SUCK as parts people. As soon as they hear "grey market" they wont even try for you. In most cases there are not alot of differences in the machines other than part numbers and language.
It is like they picture me loading the machine onto a container to bring it here. I never dealt with anything like this before. One dealer told me to bring it to the auction. I told them I need the parts to get it out of the woods first. He said I should buy a new machine.
Good day ababine If my information is correct the Yanmar is a very close relative of Ghel I could get hold of a parts list for the Yanmar 035 if that is at all helpful or explore the Ghel outlets. Kind regards Uffex
I found that there are four generations of Vio30 https://sdoc.com.ua/english/katalog/a-built/yanmar-03.htm
Anything would help and be appreciated....
Thanks! I believe that the VIO30 was only sold in Japan.
Good day Please check your PM's I have posted a link to download. Kind regards Uffex
Anybody here an owner of a Yanmar VIO30? My main pump is leaking at the shaft. Having trouble finding info on what pressure is is supposed to be.
Good day Pump - motor shaft seals normally have case drain pressure no more than 2 bars - 30.p.s.i. suggest you change the case drain filter when you renew the seal & re-check the pressure. Kind regards Uffex
Pardon my ignorance...what exactly does “gray market” refer to? I’ve seen it used several times on the site. Thanks.
The United States has different emissions and safety requirements for off road equipment than the rest of the world. Grey market machines are non-US market machines brought into the US after initial purchase. Since these machines are not US certified, many dealers and manufacturers choose to, or are forced to, not support them.
Thanks...assumed it was something along those lines. Wasn’t sure of the details.