Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar VIO45-5B Swing failure

JamesAConant ยท 2025-06-08 13:06

I have a Yanmar VIO45 that the swing just quit working... It has been getting weak so I'm expecting the pump is bad, but still had swing... Why would it all of a suddden fail? How do I locate the swing control valve, and is there a bypass pressure releaf on the valve? Could it be a broken spring? How do I check the pressure in the swing/blade functions? This is my first rodeo so I'm new with this machine... Any help will be appreciated...

Replies2
  1. #1Kobe Steel2025-06-09 07:43

    Try doing a swing brake pressure test. You will need a 1/8 bspt pressure test point, a test hose and a pressure gauge that can read well over the specification required, I would recommend 5800 psi gauge. See test information attached. You can stall the swing motor by putting the bucket on the ground with enough pressure to prevent left and right movement of the slew. Keep a clear radius around the machine in the event that the machine does slew around and breaks free from the stall position. Best regards

  2. #2JamesAConant2025-06-20 13:05

    Found problem... The two way control switching valve was dammaged, the detent on the valve was worn out and allowing the valve to fluctuate... Will have to replace my swing/blade pump in the near future, low on pressure, expected with 6500 hrs on machine... Thanks for your input