Hey, Have a Yanmar Vio55-6 that shows fault code 00 000110.03 and engine runs rough every now and then. Have found if I disconnect the plug that goes to the cold start function (told by dealer) on the injector pump the problem goes away and runs smoothly but brings up fault code 00 522242.04. My question is is the valve actually a cold start function? See attachment (white valve) We replaced valve as per dealers instructions but has not changed problem. Any other ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks In advance
i believe that valve adjusts fuel timing for cold starts in freezing weather.
Yea that’s what dealer told me. Any idea as To why it’s doing it?
Do you have a faulty temperature sensor which may be activating the valve?
No as that was replaced. Just been thinking if thermostat could be stuck open not allowing it to warm up. The temperature doesn’t go up to what it used to.
Why wouldn't you have changed, or at least tested, the coolant temperature sensor. 00 000110.03 Cooling water temperature sensor failure
You mean the sender for the temp gauge? If so that was the first thing I replaced
Sorry, missed that part. Have you tried a new engine thermostat (since you indicate lower than normal operating temperature)? What about, since it is intermittent, tracing the wiring back for abrasion?
The point .03 is the failure mode indicator which is voltage high. Coolant temp sensor voltage high most likely means the wire is broken between the sensor and module. The reference voltage sent to the sensor is no seeing any resistance to ground. Esp since the sensor has already been replaced.
No I haven’t tried thermostat yet. I will be checking that come Monday. The dealer told me that there is a switch that indicates temperature to high as well As sender for the gauge? Is this correct? I will. Trace wire back As well.
Thanks for reply. I will check wiring Monday.
U can by-pass the CSD all together.. Use an adjustable wrench to open it up{overcome the spring} & place a small nut between the stop & the spring to keep it open.. OR just fix the actual problem.. {engine/coolant temp}
Hi Guys, So I finally got around too checking the thermostat which was fine. I then pulled back the split convoluted tubing off the sender wires and found my problem, The tubing had worn through the cable from vibration. Replaced the section and now everything is back to normal. Thank you all for your help it is much appreciated. Also does anyone have a list of fault codes for these machines? I have about 30 Yanmars from Vio 35s to SV100s that I look after but no information.
Hi guys where is the coolant temperature sensor located on the excavator, cheers