Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar VIO55-6a swing question

-AJ · 2022-10-25 22:56

Hope this is in the right thread, I’m new here. Anyways, My 2017 yanmar has a hiccup in its swing. Sometimes when I start the machine it won’t swing. When I bump the stick toward the machine it will then swing normally. What kind of problem do I have going on here?

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2022-10-25 23:17

    When you say "swing", do you mean rotate the house, or pivot the boom? How many hours on machine? Last hydraulic filter service? What grade of hydraulic oil? Weather (temperature) dependent? What about when sitting for lunch break (short period of off)? There is a mini excavator sub forum. I sent request to get this moved there for more exposure.

  2. #2-AJ2022-10-25 23:29

    yes, i mean rotate the cab. -2200hrs. -I believe the last service was around 200hrs ago. But i can't completely verify that. Just going off of what i was told by seller. I bought the machine and only put on around 30 hrs or so. -I don't know what grade of hydraulic oil. -Haven't noticed temperature difference. We have had days in the 70's and days in the 40's this last week. -Its hit and miss. I'll start it 2 times in a row and it won't do it. Then start it 3 times in a row and it will do it every time. Thanks for the request to move. I just signed up and wasn't sure how to navigate the forum.