Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar wheel loader- I know they are small

fendtman ยท 2008-02-19 08:15

anyone have experince with them.

Replies8
  1. #1tdonald2008-03-23 06:08

    I have a JD84 loader, it has a yanmar engine, starts and runs well..

  2. #2pwrstroke6john2008-03-24 03:04

    Seems like a nice machine, you may also want to look into the kubota articulated loaders. They've been around for a while and can be found easily.

  3. #3Countryboy2008-03-24 21:54

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums tdonald! :drinkup

  4. #4thejdman042008-03-27 13:47

    i know hyanmar makes decent diesel engines dont knwo bought the loader part

  5. #5tdonald2008-03-27 15:47

    I'm not sure.. most of the parts are still available via John Deere, the cab is Curtis I believe... I bought it used, engine and loader work great, about 7500 hrs. SOmeone has hacked the wiring over the years, so my summer project will be to rebuld the electrics .

  6. #6fendtman2008-04-04 07:25

    jd 84 loader ? tdonald how do you like your jd 84 loader, decent lift capacty? parts? any idea who made the machine for jd.

  7. #7tdonald2008-04-06 10:32

    the unit is basically an entry level machine.. I bought it used, very used... mechanically in great condition, someone has been hacking the electrics, so that's my summer project... 94" bucket..works very well... only 54hp 4 CYL .... but works great for my needs...parts are still available for the most part from JDparts.com

  8. #8Big Jake2008-04-11 09:15

    I work with a yanmar v3 everyday and i absolutely love it. never had any problems with it. fuel efficient, i highly recomend it!