Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar y21wa

Irish logger ยท 2019-02-20 08:29

Hi guys, I am looking at purchasing a 2.5ton yanmar compact loader it's a 1995 machine, it's in good working condition but the only thing I'm slightly nervous about is that it has a 20hp 3 cylinder yanmar engine and I'm just wondering if it's very under powered or maybe not for that size machine, any comments are welcome. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1fast_st2019-02-20 08:39

    That looks adorable!! Its really the size of a little yard tractor and 20-25 hp seems to be about the average, I'd say if you have any questions go test it out if possible but if you're not quarrying shot rock it'll probably move any pile you have, how big is the bucket 1/2 yard or so?

  2. #2Irish logger2019-02-20 09:27

    Ya I'd say about a half yard or so, I just hope that engine is strong enough as I can't get to see it as it's a flight away so going on sellers word who doesn't know much about machine only that it's all in working order. I definitely won't be over loading it but don't want to be caught for power either

  3. #3ITW2019-03-19 18:53

    I have an Terex TC25 about 2,6tonns and it has an 23hp engine, and I never felt the engine being to small. I normally only run a litlebit higher than idling and it digs fine with my 150 liter bucket. The weight of the machine will stop you way before the engine.