Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yarding Grapples

log frog ยท 2012-08-21 00:38

Who makes a good Yarding Grapple and how do I contact them. So far I have Johnson Industries in Delta B.C. Anyone else?

Replies8
  1. #1wornout wrench2012-08-21 01:21

    These guys make a very good grapple http://www3.telus.net/micronpm/micron/

  2. #2log frog2012-08-21 11:49

    Thanks wornout wrench. Done some more digging and found Promac, also Mantle. Any others?

  3. #3HD Mech2012-08-21 16:58

    Micron Machine Works in Port McNeill always made a excellent yarding grapple, I have tried to get to their website but get redirected all the time. They're phone number is 250-956-0100. The address is 2095 Mine Road, Port McNeill, BC, Canada, V0N 2R0

  4. #4HD Mech2012-08-21 17:04

    Micron Machine Works in Port McNeill always made a excellent yarding grapple, I have tried to get to their website but get redirected all the time. They're phone number is 250-956-0100. The address is 2095 Mine Road, Port McNeill, BC, Canada, V0N 2R0

  5. #5wornout wrench2012-08-22 00:16

    Had a blonde moment and forgot about Promac, they made a decent grapple also. Since Jim Mantle is now with Tmar I don't think that there are Mantle grapples anymore but I could be wrong. If you are looking for a used grapple you could try Saratoga Ventures in Campbell River http://www.saratogaventures.com/ Not sure if Joe has anything left, havent been up there for a visit lately but he would be the guy for a used grapple around these parts

  6. #6log frog2012-08-22 00:23

    Yeah I tried Joe already, but it's almost worth the drive just to checkout his other stuff anyway! Thanks WW.

  7. #7sliperytimberja2012-08-25 17:08

    diy yarding grapple Hi log frog, i have been looking for a small grapple for a while now, have you seen the one Torkelh made which he based on a johnson grapple.i have gone down the make your own route as we have three jobs in front of us that we could use it on instead of chockers.If you havent already seen it look at torkelh's film on you tube grapple t3 it a brilliant bit of film,the design dosn't need rocket science to reproduce it and get it up and running,mine is being cut out at the moment.The way i look at it the import duty alone will go along way to buying the steel. Happy fabrication or good luck in finding one.

  8. #8Idaho Logger2013-01-05 22:03

    Does anyone know where to find one of these used in the states???