Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Year Model of D20-6

David Hardy Jr. ยท 2013-12-04 10:23

I just bought a Komatsu D20-6 with serial #72410 Can you tell me what year model this is ?

Replies3
  1. #1mitch5042013-12-05 00:24

    Not exactly. I have 3 serial number books, and I asked at the Kommie stealership. I come up with a gap from 1992 to 1998, and yours and mine falls in the middle of that gap. I am guessing about 96-early 97. The last number I find in '92 is 64779, and the earliest in '98 seems to 80112. Good Luck Mitch

  2. #2David Hardy Jr.2013-12-05 21:52

    Thanks mitch504 ! ... That helps a lot ... I've had an old HD-11 Allis Chalmers & a '84 D6D Cat that was a real nice machine ... but I'm really excited about this little Komatsu D20-6 ... I know it won't do the heavy work of the big D6 ... but with a little patience, it should do everything I need to do ... and it is light enough to move around on my neck-over trailer. I saw one operating with a homemade root rake ... really getting the job done in a hurry. Always good to hear from a neighbor in South Carolina ! David

  3. #3mitch5042013-12-05 22:17

    Yeah, they are impressive for their size. Mine is a D21-6 (powershift), I bought it to resell, since all my other equipment is full-sized. I thought it was a homeowners toy, but I figured I could sell it and make 7-8000 over what I paid. Once I used it I liked it. You know, it really says something about the internet that someone from Laurens and someone from Andrews feel like neighbors.