Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

yellow colored gear lube

petepilot ยท 2022-06-17 21:26

recently drained a rockwell front rear rear end. it had yellow lube oil first of that color i have ran into very clean & no metal`smells same as regular brown stuff. trying to find out if this is synthetic or just reg. oil with a different color. supposedly cat sells a yellow oil about the same color as their paint that is not syn. anyone know for sure?

Replies6
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-06-17 21:37

    How yellow you talking here I've never seen and yellow oil from cat

  2. #2crane operator2022-06-17 22:10

    I've never been around a synthetic that had a yellow color to it. I've seen some regular gear oil with a little water in it that looked pretty yellow. But my wife says I'm color blind. My color wheel is limited, it doesn't include chartreuse.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2022-06-17 22:38

    I believe "chartreuse"in this hood is called puke green.

  4. #4petepilot2022-06-17 22:41

    just about faded cat yellow

  5. #5petepilot2022-06-17 22:44

    this stuff is also super slick and does not have water in it

  6. #6Birken Vogt2022-06-17 23:14

    Send it in for analysis if you have not dumped all of it into a nasty old pan already.