Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

You know you need a tow when…

Rally_Action ยท 2010-10-22 23:13

Read a few posts here and there about recoveries of different machines, thought I'd start a dedicated thread. There must be hundreds of stories out there.... Hitachi EX3600 pulling out a bogged Komatsu 830E Haul truck.

Replies9
  1. #1excav8r2010-10-23 00:09

    Thats awesome!!!

  2. #2D5G2010-10-23 01:24

    thats an awful big soft spot to find. sure would make for a long night.

  3. #3Rally_Action2010-10-23 18:22

    More pics. Rescuing two Cat 777C Haul trucks buried under a stock pile in 2008.

  4. #4plowking7402010-10-23 19:31

    looks like somebody just wasnt paying attention. thats the kind of thing that should get someone unemployed

  5. #5JimBruce422010-10-23 20:40

    I agree, but first you hand them a spade shovel and tell them to get digging, lol.:Banghead On the first pictures, is that truck caught in a soft spot in the dump area?

  6. #6Rally_Action2010-10-23 21:13

    Not sure what the story is with the 830E in the hole. I'd say the truck was heading out of a pit up to a waste dump or the crusher and found a soft patch on the way out. The 777's were buried by an unmanned automatic stacker. Apparently the trucks were parked up well away from the stock pile at the end of day shift and during the night the stacker did what it was programmed to do and increased the size of the stock pile.

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2010-10-26 03:28

    I can just hear that conversation: Driver 1; "Hey, wheres' my truck?" Driver 2 " I don't know, last night we parked them together, way over out of the way" Driver 1 "I don't get it, 2 777 can't just dissappear overnight"

  8. #8Dozerboy2010-10-26 18:47

    X2 I think that haul truck driver didn't know when to give up.

  9. #9stumpjumper832010-10-26 20:02

    say boss, if I find a dumptruck in the pile, can I keep it?