Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Your dozer photos

Claus · 2013-10-25 22:00

Let's see everybody's dozers. I would post if I had one.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies457
  1. #1Claus2013-10-25 22:02

    Would like especially to see crawlers with 3pt hitches, winches, root rakes and rippers!

  2. #2DPete2013-10-25 22:09

    Little 6R pulls it weight around the job, had 2 D8K's prior and am impressed with what the 6 will do for its size

  3. #3Catmantwo2013-10-26 11:47

    One of my baby. Sorry no 3pt and other stuff

  4. #4pp13bnos2013-10-26 14:26

    Nice looking D3! Looks a little newer than mine.

  5. #5CM19952013-10-26 15:40

    A couple of my D5G

  6. #6tuney4432013-10-26 18:09

    If somebody here that knows how to post pics can run me through the how-to,I have the neatest pic of my little JD 450D pushing around a JD762 self loading scraper for a week at an IBM complex 28 years ago.

  7. #7DPete2013-10-26 18:40

    Click ( Go Advanced) on the reply page at the bottom of that screen is a (manage attachment) button click and follow instructions click ( add files) upper right. I always resize mine to 640 pixels first

  8. #8mitch5042013-10-26 19:41

    Don't even have to go advanced, the next to the last button at the top of quick reply is the insert image button.

  9. #9DPete2013-10-26 19:51

    OK here's my other dozer, 1961 D4 , needed to try Mitch504 button been doing it the hard way LOL Hey Mitch, much easier

  10. #10Pipe Installer2013-10-26 20:10

    D8H photos Sorry about 2nd photo,wasn't able to figure out how to turn

  11. #11mitch5042013-10-26 20:29

    Hey man, that's how I handle websites and equipment, I just push random buttons and pull levers and see what happens.

  12. #12Mapleleaftrucks2013-10-26 21:48
  13. #13Saddleup2013-10-26 21:56

    Some of the Dozers i ran this year in ND, GOT more but we see if this upload works

  14. #14Saddleup2013-10-26 22:02

    Iknow everybody on here likes Dozer and Dirt pictures,

  15. #15Scrub Puller2013-10-26 22:56

    Yair . . . This is a great thread! Dpete . What a nice looking little D4. I am bemused by the simple geometry on those blade lift cylinders but obviously they work okay. Question about rippers. There is a thread on here about tine angle when using a four barrel. I mentioned that with the single tine Kellys they always reckoned the optimum angle in most material was with the tine vertical when at working depth . . . apparently the theoretical best penetration and bust-up rake was built into the tine profile. It was mentioned that these days the tines should be curled under. Would that apply to such tines as are fitted to the tractor in the second picture on Saddleup's #14 post . . . not sure what it is, an eight something I think. Cheers.

  16. #16OCR2013-10-27 03:16

    That was odd, just push buttons, huh?... thanks Mitch. lol OCR

  17. #17JBGASH2013-10-27 09:37

    My "dozer" Here is my "dozer" and it works quite well and will do other functions, load trucks, haul pipe with forks and is only 1- machine to keep up

  18. #18DPete2013-10-27 10:00

    Thanks, it's pretty much a cherry for a 61' No sturdy main frame back then so they used the swing frame brackets to hoist the dozer

  19. #19CM19952013-10-27 10:02

    This is not my D5G but one I was running in Costa Rica and came across this croc in the grass I wash pushing - Sort of a dozer pic.

  20. #20tuney4432013-10-27 10:25

    Thanks Dpete,I'll give it a try,always seems to fail because of the size.I can place pics on CL and Ebay from my smart phone only but on a full computer I'm at a loss.

  21. #21Temu2013-10-27 11:30

    That's the recent California Rim fire in the background behind my 450G...

  22. #22Scrub Puller2013-10-27 16:49

    Yair . . . Dpete . I have only seen blade lift systems such as this . . . http://www.ironmartonline.com/1943-caterpillar-d4-dozer-pa/ or variations of it, on that era tractors. Some were quite elaborate with massive frames and the rams arranged to work vertical. The setup on your machine is simple by comparison. Cheers.

  23. #23chevota842013-10-27 17:32

    The 17a on its way to work and shoving trees. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

  24. #24CM19952013-10-27 18:25

    JBGASH, how's that dozer blade on the loader work out for you? I could see that it would be very useful at times. I would love to have a quick coupler and forks for my 953, I would get rid of my 420D IT for unloading pipe and structures.

  25. #25grandpa2013-10-27 19:28

    View of my refurbished D7H

  26. #26Metalman 552013-10-27 20:49

    Can I get your email address Pipe Installer?

  27. #27spitzair2013-10-27 23:08

    Here's two dozers I used to have... The D6 is now probably melted down into something else, last I heard the new owner had a final drive failure and was selling it for parts or scrap... The TD14 is safe with Hardtail, he's going to fix it up one of these days... The 977H has become my main dozing machine these days, it does everything the D6 did, does it much faster, burns more fuel while doing it, and does many more things too!

  28. #28vapor3002013-10-27 23:12

    Few dozers I've got to run!

  29. #29vapor3002013-10-27 23:23

    few more

  30. #30pp13bnos2013-10-27 23:31

    I loved running this 6 for a week. Little more umph, than my 3.

  31. #31JBGASH2013-10-28 08:03

    CM, The blade for the 953C loader is just like having a D4 on site with you, the forks are very handy for any heavy duty hauling / loading and specifically good for pipe stringing. I was unsure about it at first, but now we could not be without it. With the quick change, it is as easy & quick as a skidloader bucket change. The blade that I have is 10' wide and just right because it extends 1 foot past each track therefore when clearing brush it pretty well stays off the cab area. It is a Balderson quick change and the blade is a Balderson model.

  32. #32Saddleup2013-10-28 08:18

    D6T,rolling topsoil behind Case1650, Sure am liken this Dozer Porn we got going..

  33. #33g_man2013-10-28 12:25

    Dresser TD7G.

  34. #34Metalman 552013-10-28 13:30

    D6C, new to me as of last January.

  35. #35Metalman 552013-10-28 13:32

    D4D Farm Machine with new operator!

  36. #36Saddleup2013-11-02 23:29

    D6D I owned worked it four years keep it lookin good sold it for 2 grand less then i gave for it, it was a Forest service machine had a little over 3,000 hr when i bought it

  37. #37shaunw77082013-11-03 09:31

    Here is my D7H, like everything I buy, have to repair first then use, maybe someday I'll be able to afford the ones that are already fixed. Oh well it builds character. Try and get a picture of the old Terex on here later.

  38. #38JBGASH2013-11-03 10:11

    Looks like a nice tractor, once you get the repairs taken care at least you will know what you have there. Don't feel like your alone in buying equipment in need of repairs I seem to have that all the time.

  39. #39Saddleup2013-11-04 16:59

    Smashing up and burying single wide house did quite a few of them, allways fun smashin stuff..

  40. #40waterman282013-11-04 17:07

    here's mine lol its almost big enough to be a dozer 1964 John Deere 1010

  41. #41pp13bnos2013-11-05 09:34

    Beats a shovel and a rake!

  42. #42skiddy782013-11-05 14:40

    My first dozer. . . .I feel like a new dad.

  43. #43lowbed driver2013-11-09 12:53

    Keep the photos coming. I really like these " lets see your photos of "X" " threads. I need to figure out how to get photos on here, I have a few.

  44. #44alrman2013-11-09 16:18

    Look at Willie's "how to add pics" - Unfortunately all my dozer pics are of ones broken down & in pieces. - That's bad karma for you owners!

  45. #45Big Iron2013-11-10 11:19

    Just got rid of the old Terex not long ago i think it wound up at the scrapers, its too bad because that old girl skidded a lot of big Fir and Pine and built many miles of NW logging roads. That JD 450 had over 17000 hrs when we had to rebuild the engine (that was only because the operator jill-poked a limb through the side screen, took out the oil filter and didn't catch it in time)

  46. #46Chief Jim2013-11-15 23:35

    Here is my little D3 and the Brown tree cutter.

  47. #47Claus2013-11-16 00:26

    That's awesome!! Did you build the 3pt yourself? Never seen a 3pt or PTO on a Cat that wasn't really old.

  48. #48powerjoke2013-11-16 14:43

    Maybe pieces of a ripper and a gear driven winch ??

  49. #49Chief Jim2013-11-16 18:12

    D3 Cat w pto & 3 point Nope, Original dealer installed LINDEX Model 500, Integral 3 Point Hitch & 1,000 RPM PTO. The LINDEX Company in Spokane, WA went away in 1992. There where dozens of John Deeres and Caterpillars equiped with these simple, robust units. Seems the majority where on ROW, Fire and AG dozers. A ski resort in Utah mowes grass with a Rhino 15' batwing behind a D7? with the Lindex set up. I have a ball with the Brown tree cutter in the right stuff. No flat tires! Here is a recently prettied up JD I found in Kentucky. We are in negotiations to get the same paint master to do the D3. Oh, The D3b is for sale if anyone is interested. The boo boo loading the 750 Deere WAS NOT ME. I have no IDEA how the truck driver got the track back on, loaded legal and made his get a way before we could get back to help him! ???

  50. #50DPete2013-11-16 18:23

    Never seen a track removed like that, seems like the hard way

  51. #51Chief Jim2013-11-16 21:08

    Forgot to tell you... The Lindex Model 305 was for 540 RPM, just two different gears in. the PTO gear box. The fresh painted JD 450G has the 540 PTO. The dozers have powershift trannys. The PTO in in/ out via a simple cable operating a proprietary jaw clutch incorporated inside the single reduction gear box. I am interested in old Lindex gear boxs out there as I would like to change my Model 300 to a 305. Thanks for asking

  52. #52powerjoke2013-11-16 21:16

    Extremely cool lil d3 Make sure he takes the time to mask the hoses on the d3b before he paints it, takes an extra 20 min and sure makes the end product look better

  53. #53mitch5042013-11-16 21:26

    Never on a dozer, but I once did it on a 215 Cat, sliding off a mat in the edge of the river. It was not fun.

  54. #54Chief Jim2013-11-17 06:50

    You are correct! I found a few things that did not need paint. Zirks, hoses come to mind. I was just impressed whith what attention to detail and the decal set. nice work. I suck at painting.

  55. #55Aussie John2013-11-18 22:34

    Oldie but still going Here is my D4 model 6U in use on our property clearing weeds. It is a 1952 vintage and sometime in it's early life, fitted with a custom made 200 litre fuel tank and dry type air cleaner. Also I have a 1958 David Brown 50TD Mk 2 which I am restoring. Fitted with a 50HP 6 cylinder diesel made by David Brown tractors in England. Quite rare as only 470 made of this model. Blade, radiator guard and blade mounting / hyd cylinders to go to have it all tidied up.

  56. #56ianoz2013-11-19 01:48

    Good to see your getting closer to getting the blade back on the 50 TD John .

  57. #57taupebike2013-11-19 01:51

    Yes, I agree! This looks nice and in good condition Like the color also.

  58. #58Aussie John2013-11-19 04:20

    Ian, nothing has changed much in the past year. Hope to get some more done over the next few months. How about a few of your dozers up here Ian?

  59. #59BvOlst2013-11-19 04:20

    Allis Chalmers HD21 Here are pictures of my Allis Chalmers HD21 which we only use for special occasions in the Netherlands. In great condition. We are currently thinking about selling the Allis Chalmers HD21 because of the expansion of our business we need the space it takes in the garage. Furthermore we have an Allis Chalmers HD5 and a Caterpillar D4 in our collection. I am seeing some great enthusiasts and Dozers within this forum and am following it for quite a while but never registered. With Kind regards, Bart Jerom Stompetoren (The Netherlands)

  60. #60g_man2013-11-22 17:37

    Some interesting photos so far. I bought a rake this summer that was headed to the scrap yard. So I couldn't resist at the price. I got laid up before I could use it. But I did manage to get it mounted this fall and took this photo. It is 7' 6" wide, same as the cutting edge on my little 70 hp 14500 lb TD7G. Hope it isn't to much for her. I plan to clean up my small log landings with it.

  61. #61oilerman2013-11-23 13:33

    Here are a couple of our D6C

  62. #62Saddleup2013-11-23 17:18

    Best all around machine cat ever built,in my opinion..

  63. #63oldirt2013-11-23 19:53

    that C doesn't look right..just saying..

  64. #64Oxbow2013-11-23 20:06

    I'd have to put a D7G or 46A in there too.

  65. #65Saddleup2013-11-23 20:15

    oldirt Don't know what dosen't look right its a model before the 10ks maybe a 69J or 74A. 76 A. wwith all the goodys Canadians put on them,allways wanted the full coverd R.O.P. and sweeps keep u from getting a lap full of snow

  66. #66Saddleup2013-11-23 20:22

    Oxbow, thems for sure great machines,i put the 6c over them becouse you will get the same job done with a 6 might take a little longer but you will get it done, and not have to deal with as many permits and things moveing to the next job,less repair cost ,

  67. #67Oxbow2013-11-23 20:47

    Point taken Saddleup:drinkup

  68. #68lowbed driver2013-11-25 10:41

    I agree that the D6C is one of the best machines Cat ever made, along with the 966C. That would be an interesting thread, "best model of machine Cat ever made" Cheers LB

  69. #69D&GExcavating2013-11-25 11:57

    Picture of one of our dozers. 1994 D6H XL we've owned since new with 24,000 hours on it.

  70. #70Bullcat2013-11-28 11:42

    Our 7G

  71. #71DPete2013-11-28 12:05

    Man, that's a clean 7

  72. #72Saddleup2013-11-28 19:03

    Great picture,nice looking 7...

  73. #73glenlunberg2013-11-28 20:00

    This is my favorite photo on this thread. It looks really clean and I think this dozer would done lots of work.

  74. #74Bullcat2013-11-28 20:16

    Our oldest D9G Still earning its keep

  75. #75pp13bnos2013-11-28 23:49

    Thanks!

  76. #76powerjoke2013-11-29 00:42

    Some of these I've posted before but I figured they would fit into the dozer thread D4g and d3c hydro upon delivery, I had a job I need a smaller machine for and got a good deal on the pair Then a pic of a deere 650H and a 700h D7h 79Z good cheap horsepower

  77. #77powerjoke2013-11-29 00:50

    Before and after paint pics of the d6r That's all the pics I have on my iPad I'll have to get them off my phone somehow

  78. #78powerjoke2013-11-29 01:01

    More pics of the 700h it is my favorite dozer out of all of them. Hate to sell it, haven't really made my mind up yet or not tho lol The lil 4G bailed off in a creek An old hd21 sadly we cut it up and went for scrap about a year ago Case 1450 with twin stick........ Hardest machine to run and most unproductive critter ever made in my opinion, no offense to the ace guys out there Pj

  79. #79Brainzie2013-11-29 23:46

    bit of topsoil today

  80. #80Brainzie2013-11-30 00:26

    from years gone by

  81. #81okey2013-11-30 22:44

    BvOlst, great pics of the HD 21. looks like an "A". The one we owned a long time ago had 2 forward gears..... fast and faster!

  82. #82Metalman 552013-12-01 07:31

    We built a steel panel for the back of the canopy, painted it & had glass installed, to make it warmer for winter operation & had some tarps made up to direct the heat back. Winter ready!

  83. #83ianoz2013-12-02 17:28

    OK John , Here is a Little bit newer one .D4-29A .Aussie Model ,only 116 Built

  84. #84D&GExcavating2013-12-02 22:35

    Picture of our 700H The two 700Js and the D6R XL

  85. #85Puffie402013-12-03 22:37

    Here's a couple of me clearing logging slash with our D6D

  86. #86hd16b2013-12-05 22:17

    td25c, all fininshed painting my 16b . would love to post pictures but still do not know how. maybe we can figure a way . 252 916 2927

  87. #87crookedwrench2013-12-06 08:38

    Here is a photo of my 67 D4D 78A series

  88. #88Saddleup2013-12-06 09:14

    hd16b,sure hope you get the picture deal figured out,the 16B was the first brand new strait from the dealer dozer i ever got to run,got it in 73 74 i i think, logging job skided logs and built road with it great machine at the time, at the start of this post a feller told how to get the pics. up GREAT PICTURES WE BEEN GETTING KEEP THEM COMEING

  89. #89Metalman 552013-12-06 10:30

    Can you send a few more of that machine.....she looks like a beauty!

  90. #90Saddleup2013-12-06 10:39

    I second that about need more pics. of the d4d..

  91. #91NZfarm2013-12-06 13:02

    Our 650 Our Johnny

  92. #92crookedwrench2013-12-06 14:59

    Here are more photos of the D4D. It runs well now. Had sat idle for 6-7 years. Had an old "CatSkinner" help with refurbishing. Currently have about 300hrs since the purchase and repair

  93. #93Kyfarm2013-12-06 18:44

    I guess somebody needs to put a Komatsu on here, wish I could have afforded a cat or deere but this is what I ended up with. Have put about 25 hours on it since I bought it cleaning up my farm

  94. #94pp13bnos2013-12-06 20:29

    Taken the first day I bought it. Notice the bucket of bolts it replaced in the back ground? I hated that thing...

  95. #95Metalman 552013-12-07 16:29

    Lookin good Crookedwrench!

  96. #96ianoz2013-12-07 19:20

    Couple of our KomatsuD65EX-12

  97. #97nicky 68a2013-12-08 11:24

    some of my current tractors

  98. #98denver m farms2013-12-08 14:44

    Here's my 650j, in my opinion they are by far the best in there class.

  99. #99Puffie402013-12-08 19:09

    Here's some more of the D6D cleaning slash. This pile took close to a week to gather up, and we still haven't completely burned it all yet! From a few years ago - raking with a D8 2U.

  100. #100Mayhem2013-12-11 22:19

    Here is mine. It came with some land I bought in Montana. I think it is a TD6 but not 100% sure. I don't know if it runs or not but I will find out next summer when I get up there. Mayhem

  101. #101wilko2013-12-11 23:13

    You got me curious, what is the thing in the background?

  102. #102pp13bnos2013-12-11 23:27

    I believe its a 1956 TD-6. My boss bought it, ran it for about 10Hrs before the a steering clutch went out. Replaced both ran it another 10hrs, and the motor went south. Had a neighbor rebuild it best as we could, but couldn't find a good head for it. He had as many of the cracks as he could welded up. It ran alright, but needed the fuel tank pulled off and cleaned or replaced. It would plug up the fuel filter in no time. I just got tired of working on it constantly, and its been parked in a barn for the last 5 or 6yrs. It needed some serious TLC, and someone with more patience than me.

  103. #103Puffie402013-12-12 13:37

    Looks like a TD9 - TD6's only had one carrier roller near the rear sprocket.

  104. #104Fastdirt2013-12-13 00:18

    I have to agree with you. As much as I wanted all the D5's and D6's to be the better dozer because I am a Cat guy, they just wouldn't perform as well as the JD 650's. I spent years running finish dozers and the 650 was my favorite. I have heard others choose the JD 650. I know a high track D5 or D6 sure doesn't like turning when the blade is full like cutting in a cul-de-sac. The JD would definitely do better there. http://youtu.be/1R4Bzak1KSw http://youtu.be/JHNEPDNJ_2c

  105. #105powerjoke2013-12-13 00:29

    Interesting to see how high up the forks are mounted on lift cyl's on the d6r it looks like a lgp lift cyl but track pads aren't wide enough for a lgp, am I seeing it right or was there more than one config for an XL ? ....... Damn fine looking dozers Edit:....Something just dawned on me, is it a angle blade ? Pj

  106. #106Chad@SitechTR2013-12-13 10:52

    Love seeing all the pictures of the older dozers. I'm gonna add a few of some newer dozers that I have gotten to work on over the past year. A new D6N that we set up for a customer http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/...0D33869-3586-000006A6610C9827_zpsf2293b48.jpg A D6T that we set up also with Trimble Dual GPS A D6K we did for a demo at out local Cat Dealer Another D6N working a slope

  107. #107jd450dozer2013-12-15 00:53

    My jd650j dozer being dropped into the core at L.A.X. new int. terminalATTACH]111403[/ATTACH]

  108. #108jd450dozer2013-12-15 00:58

    My jd650j dozer being dropped into the core at L.A.X. new int. terminal

  109. #109Deereman2013-12-15 22:41

    That's pretty cool jd450! Any inside shots?

  110. #110Mike Mc2013-12-16 12:26

    I'm still using the 1951 High Output D8 (currently down for repairs). I took a little video the other day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LoXDs5d6oY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUaD3qYflKm7V1L4gjmzmu6w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI9yQo4SPyA Also use the Mighty D4 but not as much as the High Output. That's DPete in the video on the Mighty D4 pulling a Cat Forty Scraper that's for sale. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnMdmPFApKA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUaD3qYflKm7V1L4gjmzmu6w

  111. #111td25c2013-12-16 20:26

    Looking good Mike Mc :thumbsup

  112. #112lobo2013-12-17 03:27

    My sweet JD 450G IV.

  113. #113Lawless2015-02-10 21:10

    Figured id bump this. Very cool thread!

  114. #114ETMF 58 White2015-02-10 22:15

    One more year and she will have been clearing land and pushing dirt for half a century.

  115. #115JBGASH2015-02-10 22:16

    My 750C Deere

  116. #116Lawless2015-02-10 22:43

    So much character! Nice!

  117. #117MojoD3C2015-02-11 00:42

    Fowler VF Approximately 1950 Fowler VF single cylinder made in England with a manual 6-way blade made in Melbourne, Australia.

  118. #118NZfarm2015-02-11 01:49

    I know the feeling. Most get a Harley or convertible for the midlife crisis, me and my brother got a JD 650h

  119. #119Garandx2015-02-11 01:50
  120. #120NZfarm2015-02-11 02:14

    90 year old pine stumps

  121. #121RonG2015-02-11 02:26

    Nice,I did not think that they had John Deeres in New Zealand.Ron G

  122. #122pf/l2015-02-11 11:16

    Few pictures of my D7E from over the years opening up bush roads and doing a little brushcutting.

  123. #1239420pullpan2015-02-11 17:07

    This was lot of fun going through some corn, couldnt see much

  124. #124farmerlund2015-02-11 19:44

    My Christmas present to me,haha. cant wait till spring to try her out.

  125. #125Andrew_D2015-02-11 21:08

    What's the story behind using a D8 to knock down that corn? You know that a lawn mower could do it a bit cheaper right? Andrew

  126. #126Nitelite2015-02-11 21:29

    Yep, the old is not much but as you say, better than a pick and shovel! Paid for too! That must be what you do to the corn crop when fuel prices bottom out!

  127. #127Bushey Tiling2015-02-11 22:19
  128. #128Bushey Tiling2015-02-11 22:22

    ^ Fiat Allis 31 and Terex 82-30B filling in a ditch

  129. #129CM19952015-02-12 06:55

    If I remember the thread correctly it was a pipeline project.

  130. #130JBGASH2015-02-12 07:20

    I was thinking that it could also be a corn maze project, they knock the corn down like that with a GPS design and are very popular here in MO.

  131. #131Andrew_D2015-02-12 07:34

    But still...using a D8 to knock down corn? I guess that must have been what was on the site. Andrew

  132. #132oldirt2015-02-12 10:00

    9420pullpan.. that last pic must have been of some pioneer corn..!!

  133. #133cyclone772015-02-12 15:44
  134. #1349420pullpan2015-02-12 19:29

    pipeline

  135. #135old-iron-habit2015-02-12 20:09

    Out cleaning up ATV/hunting trails for a fellow using my old 5U D2.

  136. #136trucker12015-02-12 20:42

    I'll post a photo, hope you can see it. George

  137. #137Metalman 552015-02-13 09:04

    Here is my trail cleaner....not going anywhere today, as it is 0f here this am. Likely a lot colder in MN though?

  138. #138old-iron-habit2015-02-13 09:08

    Nice looking old D4D. Its a bit newer than any of my toys. I thought of using my 9U D6, 1956 model but the fellow wants to keep the trail width down.

  139. #139td25c2015-02-13 22:07

    Nice looking D7E . That's my favorite Caterpillar dozer . What year is it , high horse by chance ?

  140. #140pafarmer2015-02-14 04:37

    My junk iron....

  141. #141pafarmer2015-02-14 04:42

    Nothing wrong with that gem of a dozer....

  142. #142Saddleup2015-02-14 09:36

    D6 9u

  143. #143Saddleup2015-02-14 09:38
  144. #144pf/l2015-02-14 10:03

    It's a 1964 with a slightly newer high horse motor installed. It'll still do a good days work.

  145. #145Radrock2015-02-14 10:19

    Has anyone operated the D7E Electric? It's a crazy ride. I did for a day. I about broke my right foot as there is no decelerator pedal. Here is a picture I had to share but this is not me. I told him there was a shaft there. His eye sure did widen... This is a D8T with a single shank ripper. Where's the ripper you say??

  146. #146sfogi2015-02-14 10:34

    I miss having this one! Its been a year since I havent drive this model.

  147. #147Metalman 552015-02-14 10:49

    Here are a few more of trail cleaning this morning. Lotsa snow up here in Canada now.

  148. #148sfogi2015-02-14 10:54

    Beautiful machine @Metalman 55! Lots of snow here aswell. Like too much snow actually. More than the usual.

  149. #149nicky 68a2015-02-14 12:44

    taken this year

  150. #150old-iron-habit2015-02-14 12:56

    ​

  151. #151RonG2015-02-14 13:03

    Sounds like fun.You must have had 2' of frost this time of the year.Ron G

  152. #152texaschad252015-02-14 14:21
  153. #153wbvs582015-02-14 19:17

    Nice looking tractor. Chad. Ken

  154. #154old-iron-habit2015-02-14 22:34

    It was way before we got frost. I had the air conditioner on. That was a first in a dozer for me also.

  155. #155texaschad252015-02-14 23:30

    Thanks Ken! It's a pretty handy little dozer.

  156. #156RonG2015-02-15 03:38

    I worked for a company near the end of my career that had some A/C machines,one was a cute little JD 450H that the boss bought for himself I heard but that was sure nice to have spreading dry topsoil.I smiled a lot during the day just thinking about where I came from.We also had an D8N with A/C.I somehow just felt guilty running those things and they were (the company) quite fussy about their machines being used with the doors/windows being open while they were in operation and I don't blame them I guess but old habits die hard.We also had an old D8H that I enjoyed running just as much )I had run several A/C equipped machines in the past but the A/C did not work which made it worse.That same company also had some dozers with no cab but had heaters under the seat.I think the worse machine for ventilation that I had to use was an Ackerman EC200 and the machine had no cross ventilation,you could not open any windows except for the front one and the door.When bedding pipe with dry stone the cloud of stone dust that was produced would blast you right back in the cab and choke you to death.You would wet the stone beforehand when you could but even that did not always get done. The cheapos that I worked for bought the machine with no A/C of course and had no consideration for their help.Ron G

  157. #157Radrock2015-02-15 14:24
  158. #158grk822015-02-15 23:39

    Here's my New Holland 75, I know they are not real popular but it has been a great grading dozer.

  159. #159Outasite2015-02-16 19:39

    After sitting sixteen years outdoors,I bought this needing a rehab.After new clutches and brakes,paint and now complete bottom and blade rebuild,it's ready to go.It came with the trailer,so it got a rebuild as well?

  160. #160wbvs582015-02-16 19:50

    Gee you've done a great job on the D3 and the trailer Outasite. Ken

  161. #161pafarmer2015-02-16 19:57

    Congrat ! Very nice tractor and trailer....Now go get them both dirty...

  162. #162Outasite2015-02-16 20:12

    Thanks,the pictures are from last fall.We just finished the new bottom,and blade.Looking forward to getting dirty this spring!Was a U.S. forest service tractor,got 2900 hrs.Thought it was worth saving for sure.

  163. #163.RC.2015-02-17 02:47

    From a few years back now.... D9G and D9H

  164. #164Scrub Puller2015-02-17 12:56

    Yair . . . .RC. Good one mate, any more where that came from? Cheers.

  165. #165old-iron-habit2015-02-17 13:06

    That is one big chain. It keeps the dog in without being attached. LOL. What does each link weigh.

  166. #166Radrock2015-02-17 13:34

    Haven't seen that in years. I wonder how many people don't know what this setup is for? Leveling the ground right haha.

  167. #167Kyfarm2015-02-17 16:10

    me, what is that set-up for?

  168. #168ianoz2015-02-17 16:57

    It is for Scrub pulling . .Couple of threads on heare about it .

  169. #169pafarmer2015-02-17 18:40

    I have seen this method used here in the East with heavy weighed large gauge barb wire....mostly for clearing Multiflora rose and other invasive plant life from pasture land.

  170. #170pf/l2015-02-17 19:09

    They cleared a pasture here in the 60tys with 2 cats and chains. Wish I'd been around when they did it. Was way before my time though. Would hate to be the guy on the back chasing the two cats trying to clean up as they progress.

  171. #171Scrub Puller2015-02-17 19:31

    Yair . . . pf/l I am not sure about what you mean with that quote . . . much of the timber is left for a few seasons to get a body of grass through it and then its burnt in place. This reduces the amount of material that needs to be handled if the country is eventually raked. A fair proportion is never raked as it only grazing country capable of running a beast to (say) twenty or thirty acres . . . when the timber is pulled and some pasture is established the stocking rates can often be doubled. In most cases the country has to be repulled every twenty years or so to control regrowth . . . depending on how good the fire ran and the seasons. This maintenance pulling is going to be a problem in the future with the cost and availability of fuel the way the world is heading. Cheers.

  172. #172stumpjumper832015-02-17 20:16

    This was my first dozer a deere 550g, forestry package, had a little over 8k hours, not a bad machine but small for the work I was getting. This is my second and current dozer an IH td15c, forestry package, a little older but a lot more dozer. Might be after another little dozer depending on how bids go... have a project needing some trails over 6' and under 8... that leaves the 15 out.

  173. #173.RC.2015-02-18 02:07

    smore.. The chain lengths with the 9's is 400ft of 3" chain... The steel the links are made out of is 3" in diameter... The other photo is a 16B and on the other end was a 7G, both direct drive machines..

  174. #174Scrub Puller2015-02-18 02:27

    Yair . . . Thanks .RC. nice to see a bit of pulling . . . what district? I can't make out the arrangement on the back of the far tractor in that second last picture? Cheers.

  175. #175.RC.2015-02-18 02:44

    Not far from your location scrub puller Lets just say after we did some more hurried pulling just before the clearing ban came in... Apparently it created some discussion in the DNR circles about how horrible it was.... Or so we were told later... It could be seen by plane... Not that they could do anything about it, all legal at the time... It is just a drawbar on the 9G Have to prepare for the cyclone crossing now...

  176. #176"acidoil"2015-02-18 11:05

    >RC that is very cool. I would love to see that in action. I have a old KG i used on a Direct Drive D6c. One day I may get brave and try it on my 10K. Here are a few. I haven't used the 6 that much I need to open up a look at the left drive the sprocket is a little loose. It's a 10K I had a 74a years ago that I sold. I missed it. So that was a cheep auction buy. Yes I know there is no such thing as a cheep dozer.. The next are my D4C that has been a great machine. My supervisor was there for the day. I had just drained a small pond that was full of snakes so she was told to stay on the truck.

  177. #177"acidoil"2015-02-18 11:09

    I wounder what that joint of 3" chain weighs?? John

  178. #178Benlivestock2015-02-18 11:39

    My D6c and a D8k doing some steep brushing

  179. #179pf/l2015-02-18 12:56

    They had a guy chasing here when they cleared. Piled and burnt it all within the same year. Borders a forest here so they couldn't let things go to crazy. Get the fire got enough and most anything will burn. The current pasture is probably close to 800 acres. It wasn't all solid bush though. The total project was over a few years I think some spots they salvaged saw logs ahead of time. Project was done about 20 years before I was born so its all been second hand info passed down to me.

  180. #180Radrock2015-02-18 17:05

    It looks like several have already answered that question already. We use to use 2 D-8's clearing cedar trees. It works very good, and like scub said. burn it off after it had dried up. I also seen an old guy use a long pretty large cable grading out over an old sludge pit. Of course this was several year ago. I don't imagine they would use that now days. But it was very wet and you could not get a dozer over the top of it. He just drove in circles around that pit dragging that cable and it smoothed it up slicker than a babies butt... Them are some really neat ole picture RC, Thanks for posting those..

  181. #181old-iron-habit2015-02-19 10:02

    When I was a kid my Uncle Hurley demolished a row of old smaller houses in town for a street project. He took a long cable and tied it between his 2U-D8 and his 3T-D7 and drove one down each side of the row. Pretty exciting for a kid to watch when the cable cut through them old half rotted houses. Wish I had a video of it. He used to take old barns down the same way.

  182. #182Ole Gal2015-02-19 14:35

    Not all old barns give way so easily. The story as I remember it: "The Cat 'en the Barn" A farm in PA was sold, development began, and an older gentleman came out daily to observe. The superintendent one day asked him why he came out every day. He said with a smile, I want to see what happens when you try to take down that old barn. Oh, we will just push it down with the Cat, was the reply. Not going to happen was the old man's confident response. The day came if for demo. Cat vs barn. Larger Cat vs barn! Finally after some chain saw cutting, that old post and beam barn finally came down. The old man just smiled , turned and walked home.

  183. #183Radrock2015-02-19 18:51

    Oh yeah, I bet that was exciting. I got to tear down an old house with a trackhoe and Thumb once. That was a blast. That was back far enough that they didn't have video cameras on phones. I wish I could have recorded that as well. Gosh just think of all of the stuff we could have seen if everyone videoed the stuff they have done over the years.

  184. #184Andrew_D2015-02-19 19:31

    On those scrubbing chains, is there a swivel of some kind at the hitch to keep things from getting too twisted up? Andrew

  185. #185Scrub Puller2015-02-19 22:49

    Yair , , , Andrew_D . Lots of folks ask that, but no, swivels are unnecessary. If you think about it the chain can't really twist. That is not to say that some outfits didn't use them, particularly in the early days of pulling, but in reality they were just another high wear item that could be done without. Cheers

  186. #186R.D.G0132015-02-20 01:14

    A few dozers I have spent time on over the years. Graders not supposed to be there,LOL.

  187. #187Benlivestock2015-02-20 20:19

    Couple of dozers on a vineyard prep job. D6c D8k D9h and one of my recent mods tint all the way around.

  188. #188Radrock2015-02-21 11:28

    Wow that dozer has the longest shank I have seen. I suppose it is used to create a deep soil bed for the grapes. I knew someone that worked ripping in the rocks for a vineyard once. They said that the vines really liked rocky soil?? I know nothing about that though.

  189. #189Benlivestock2015-02-21 13:15

    The shanks are used for ripping 5 feet. Most of our ground is so hard it stops that 9 with one shank. We have been doing some very steep and rocky ground. I spent 5 days on 3 acres raking rocks out. The grapes seem to do better in the harsh terrain.

  190. #190td15c2015-02-21 15:05

    View attachment 131494 my 15c with a little cottonwood tree

  191. #191Dickjr.2015-02-21 16:51

    The Komatsu is mine , the Case belongs to my neighbor. The Case is obviously a wide track model. Both machines seem on par as far as performance. The Case does seem to use a little more fuel but it has the bigger 6BT.

  192. #192td15c2015-02-21 17:15

    I will try again. My 15c with a little cottonwood tree

  193. #193Dickjr.2015-02-21 20:18

    I'd like to run a 15C sometime to get the feel of it. I'd like to add a bigger machine sometime and this would fit the bill.

  194. #194pafarmer2015-02-22 06:06

    Love the polished blade on the Komatsu....looks limeshe was doing alittle dirt that day....

  195. #195245dlc2015-02-22 17:11

    Some pictures of dozers I came across last summer. The little Case dozer was rented for a job I was working on but the foreman being kinda of a stress case said it was too much of a piece of crap to trim the center median slopes of the highway and demanded a JD850 to be brought in. I ended up doing the slopes with the excavator on most of it, the 850 made more of a mess than it was worth. I would of trimmed it up with that little Case but we were on hire to this company so I had to use excavator. The other pictures are from a local wrecker that also fixes up older machines for re-sale or for parts. A pretty neat place to walk through and amazingly nobody was around when I visited there so I didn't get any information on the machines there.

  196. #196245dlc2015-02-22 17:28

    A few more pictures for you guys lots of old time dozers there including that Cat RD-6 which must be a rare bird to see these days.

  197. #197245dlc2015-02-22 17:33

    A few more to keep you interested.

  198. #198245dlc2015-02-22 17:38

    Just gotta make sure I've got them all, gotta love visiting the junk yard when the opportunity arises.

  199. #199245dlc2015-02-22 17:47

    The little Case dozer at the end of this series is a municipal machine that was parked on a demolition job I was doing as the municipal foreman thought there was going to be a huge hole to fill in after so he also trucked in like 20 tandem loads of fill. In the end the hole that was left was small but the property kinda low so they'd probably work it in. I used the little machine to help tidy up and trim things nicely. First time I encountered a dozer with an accelerator instead of a decelerator but over all not a bad machine I had fun playing with it. lol The last couple are a D8H we encountered while out on a Sunday drive, looked like a nice machine with a parallelogram 3 shank ripper.

  200. #200Lawless2015-02-22 19:04

    245dlc, great pics. Looks like that D6D had a engine fire?

  201. #201Radrock2015-02-22 19:46

    It sure looks like you could break one of those if they were on the top holes. Here is the dozer I operated for 6 years. It was the only brand new piece of equipment that I have ever gotten. I tore the plastic off of the seat. I did change it later to the top holes more so to keep the rocks from getting up in the H-brace. I broke the back light on it before I realized what was that rocks were gathering up there. I sure enjoyed the change of pace operating that critter.

  202. #202245dlc2015-02-22 20:06

    I guess so like I stated before nobody was around when I was at the wrecker so I wasn't able to find out any information on the machines there.

  203. #203spitzair2015-02-22 23:33

    245dlc, may I ask where this junkyard is and do you have contact info for them?

  204. #204245dlc2015-02-22 23:54

    This junkyard is near St. Anne, Manitoba they have another in Winnipeg, Manitoba that is the center of their operation. "Iron Mike" there is the owner and has been since he opened the business in the '60's, I don't know who'll take over when he passes or what will happen to his business but check it out when you have the chance it's a neat place. http://www.cambrianequipmentsales.ca/Cambrian_Equipment/Welcome.html

  205. #205spitzair2015-02-23 23:31

    Thanks for that! I need a few little bits and pieces for my 977Hs, maybe they'll have something... I'll give them a call...

  206. #206Aussie Leroy2015-02-24 05:19

    Me and the ole D8K first day at work after facelift

  207. #207RonG2015-02-24 06:31

    A good day at the office.What a tease!!!Ron G

  208. #208245dlc2015-02-24 10:17

    yeah no problem you never know what they'll have there.

  209. #209Metalman 552015-02-24 17:30

    Nice looking machine. Is that an 8H blade on her?

  210. #210old-iron-habit2015-02-24 17:58

    The RD6 is such a neat machine to listen to under load. That three cylinder Cat diesel really barks and has a pitch like no other under load.

  211. #211245dlc2015-02-24 18:59

    Some more pictures this time from the wrecker yard in Winnipeg owned by the same outfit. A really neat place to check out if your ever in the area, they had a Cat 931 without a cab or canopy not long ago that I would of liked provided there was more work in Manitoba for a small operation.

  212. #212245dlc2015-02-24 19:11

    Some newer iron pictures I took about three or four years ago when I was in Edmonton, Alberta for some family stuff. I'm hoping to move back to Alberta this spring or summer getting awfully tired of the B.S. in Manitoba might also look at finding work in B.C. if there is much to be had.

  213. #213245dlc2015-02-24 19:18

    Some neat dozers at some kind of Cat rental or lease yard in Edmonton it was my first time seeing the new D7E.

  214. #214245dlc2015-02-24 19:23

    Also have some residential subdivision construction pictures when I was in Alberta it was really amazing how much work was going on and the equipment being used.

  215. #215245dlc2015-02-24 19:30

    This cluster of pictures is from a so called 'freeway' project that was built a couple years ago it was about 6 or 7 miles long and was suppose to be built like an American Interstate with overpasses or interchanges well two or three overpasses were built and all other junctions were built with intersections controlled by traffic lights and the whole project took about 5 years to be built when it was suppose to take two or three years.

  216. #216245dlc2015-02-24 19:34

    The job had SNC Lavalin as the General Contractor and apparently had a lot of political interference from the Provincial Government here, so it'll be interesting to see how the next phase will go if they do start on it this coming construction season.

  217. #217245dlc2015-02-24 19:37

    Lots of equipment used on the job, there was even a K-Tec scraper pulled by a Moxy 40 ton rock truck and a number of Cat 621 and 627 buggies being used.

  218. #218Aussie Leroy2015-02-25 06:09

    Metalman 55, it off a 8K # 7600 ish so they say it had a U blade on her but we only use her around local now

  219. #219ksessions2015-02-25 10:26

    Here's my unit. D5K LGP

  220. #220klippwl2015-03-01 10:56

    Opening up a road one spring day so the snow would melt out...Alot of work for a 450 but got a sun tan.

  221. #221klippwl2015-03-01 11:20

    Strange to see... But the job was to hold onto a barge in the river for two days so they could do a dam inspection...Problem was only way to get to the river was over a twenty foot wall...So long story short they bring in a little crane and lift 80000 pounds over the wall Same picture but photo shoped the crane out

  222. #222klippwl2015-03-01 11:24

    Thought this was kind of a cool picture

  223. #223Prospectorgav2015-03-03 06:14

    My old Cat D7 1945 3T I use for gold detecting in Western Australia.

  224. #224oldirt2015-03-03 09:29

    all those tracks that are full of mud, no exhaust covered, wow.

  225. #225old-iron-habit2015-03-03 18:05

    Doors are open on some of the machines. Mud is still wet on the tracks and blades. I would say it was lunch time.

  226. #226oldirt2015-03-03 22:52

    I would hope so too, but from what I have seen on most road jobs it looks all too familiar.

  227. #227Karlukalaska2015-03-04 00:42

    My Big Baby lol

  228. #228RonG2015-03-04 03:41

    It used to take me an hour to clean the tracks on a D8.I still have my track cleaning shovels,I probably could still use them to chip ice with.Ron G

  229. #229Karlukalaska2015-03-08 22:54

    30yrs of abuse, still strong but man o man this turbo was ROUGH and the top end is crying for a complete rebuild and ....... so it begins gotta love a CAT made to last

  230. #230Oxbow2015-03-09 11:22

    I would have guessed it as a 17A with the solid (non-spoked) idlers.

  231. #231pafarmer2015-03-10 16:44

    It's amazing what these older big CAT's can endure and just keep right on going.....it's going to run like a scolded dog once you get her freshened up !

  232. #232pafarmer2015-03-10 16:49

    Here a Deere 2010 450LT with 900 hours on the meter I bought last summer for farm use only...great little tractor....

  233. #233ghitch752015-03-10 17:16
  234. #234Mountainmover2015-03-11 03:40

    Do I see a d4 converted to a six say blade? I wanna see more info on that setup! Do you have a joystick also? Thanks!

  235. #235old-iron-habit2015-03-11 22:49

    Mike built his Mighty D4 into a five roller dozer with a six way blade. It is a one of a kind great working custom machine.

  236. #236.RC.2015-03-21 06:00

    Some brief old footage of chaining trees here -->> https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m4wlSF6pQoc#t=141

  237. #237nicky 68a2015-03-21 10:47

    Some work pics this week. 1992 D5H clearing scrub in England an a 1974 D8H being woken up since December

  238. #238.RC.2015-04-22 06:24

    Currently have a couple of dozers doing some pulling of some regrowth for me... Snapped some video yesterday and here is a clip of them in a nasty steep gully... it is much steeper then the video shows.. it is a bit long winded I know... I see youtube have it only showing a crappy resolution, it was actually shot in high definition 1080p but I do not have enough internetz to upload the high quality footage so it has to be cut back to crappy quality, unfortunately.. http://youtu.be/HU3qnYc0Pz4

  239. #239Radrock2015-04-22 11:18

    Pretty neat video. But in my opinion I think I'd rather leave that chain at the top of the hill and push the brush into that gully. It provides a little bit of erosion control and the operator has a sense of what is in that gully without tearing up the machine or even turning it over. It could be very dangerous going into the blind like that. Just my opinion...

  240. #240.RC.2015-04-23 05:20

    They would not be able to get out of the gully if they pushed into it and tried to reverse out plus it would not be cost effective.. It is less dangerous then you think, worse comes to worse and you get stuck, you already have the chain hitched up to get pulled out backwards

  241. #241Scrub Puller2015-04-23 05:53

    Yair . . . As .RC . says the chain is your safety line and it is never unhooked. It can stop you going end over when you are standing on the dash and the other bloke can mostly pull you back if you get stuck. .RC. Some more footage with the boys in better going may be of interest to some folks . . . and thanks for that. Cheers.

  242. #242Radrock2015-04-23 11:30

    Well I have filled in several gullies doing just that but I do agree with the part if you get stuck you have someone to pull you out. Never done it with a chain so I can't say that you are not correct. I think it is a great way on flatter ground for sure. That video also shows a Case 1150 with a D6. I would think that 1150 would be a wee bit small for that stuff. We have one of those as well as a couple of D-6's. Of course if that 1150 got stuck it would be easier to pull him out haha. Great video none the less. :thumbsup

  243. #243B Brown2015-05-20 18:08

    0[/ATTACH] my first dozer.im so excited.hope this picture works.

  244. #244fixou8122015-05-20 18:32

    Nice Dozer Brown! Nice winch nice paint Congratulations!

  245. #245B Brown2015-05-20 19:07

    Any info on this model would be greatly appreciated.I have a electric starter on order to replace the poney motor that is junk.But would like to know where the serial number is located.Was this a good model?Im going to use it to groom up my motocross track and improve the drainage around the track.It sure is a beast.

  246. #246D6c10K2015-05-20 20:14

    S/N should be a tag on the back of the bevel gear case located at the upper left hand corner (top left corner where the winch is mounted) If the tag is missing the S/N should be stamped in the same spot (hidden by paint?)

  247. #247Turbo_Drive2015-05-21 00:24

    Bout time to bring her in for a bath

  248. #248B Brown2015-05-21 19:14

    Thanks.It was covered by paint like you said.Now we are getting somewhere.i have been looking in all the wrong places.now if the starter shows up soon i can get dirt moving.

  249. #249B Brown2015-05-21 19:35

    here is a couple more shots of my new toy.i know its old but it makes me feel like a kid again.

  250. #250D6c10K2015-05-21 20:33

    May be the way it's sitting but the tracks look plenty tight. Should have a little sag over top carrier roller. More like some of the smaller machines on this previous page:

  251. #251nicky 68a2015-05-22 08:41

    Busy job

  252. #252B Brown2015-05-23 09:10

    Glad you noticed that.It doesn't matter how it sits.They are always tight.Better figure that out before i run her.Under carriage looks great.Not sure why its set so tight.

  253. #253597ud42015-05-23 21:47

    I just like the old stuff

  254. #254Kater2015-05-23 23:20

    Wow and I thought my demo-dozer was HUGE. Not here! Just got mine last week. I'm learning!

  255. #255moriboy2015-07-17 23:00

    I just wrote the check for her today. Bought it to clean up my 85 acre ranch. Pretty clean machine, need pins and bushings on the blade attachment brackets. Has decent paint, but the wrong decals...

  256. #256moriboy2015-07-17 23:03

    Looks better right side up.

  257. #257texaschad252015-07-18 10:10

    Must be a machine from "down under".

  258. #258moriboy2015-07-18 11:03

    I swear there isn't an edit button??

  259. #259chevota842015-07-18 11:44
  260. #260seatwarmer2015-07-18 11:57

    I hate it when technology bites you in the arse

  261. #261moriboy2015-07-18 18:25

    Thanks!

  262. #262Aussie John2015-07-26 00:58

    Here are some photos taken in the Western Highlands of Papua New Guinea quite a few years ago when I was involved with a project to move 3 Komatsu D85 dozers to an oil refinery site which had no road access. The helicopter used was a Russian Mil27 with a lifting capacityof about 25 tons at sea level. In this case we were working at about 4000 ft. In the first photo showing the oil drilling rig site, everything that can be seen all had to be moved by helicopter due to the mountainous terrain and no roads at the time.

  263. #263Aussie John2015-07-26 01:03

    Here are some more photos showing the rippers being transported and two from my work truck-a Bell Jet Ranger.

  264. #264CM19952015-07-26 11:27

    Wow! That's really interesting Aussie John, thanks for sharing!

  265. #265DPete2015-07-26 14:56

    LoL, good one

  266. #266Scrub Puller2015-07-26 19:51

    Yair . . . Good stuff Aussie John , interesting times. No doubt you know the story of the Bulolo dredges? For folks not familiar with PNG back in the 1930's one to two thousand ton bucket wheel gold dredges and the hydro plant to run them were flown into a remote valley. I don't recall the maximum dimensions of the components but no piece could weigh more than three tons. If any one is interested do a Google images search "Bulolo gold dredges". Cheers.

  267. #267.RC.2015-07-26 20:30

    I think the Ion Iddriess book "Gold Dust and Ashes" is about the Bulolo River in PNG from discovery of gold to the time those dredges arrive.. It is a good read..

  268. #268nicky 68a2015-07-27 13:52

    Pics of dozers this week working in the UK

  269. #269Metalman 552015-08-07 21:23

    Here is what the same spot on the trail looks like in August (bottom photo), minus the snow & minus the dozer!

  270. #270jwest758012015-08-07 21:54

    Here mine on a pond I just finished cleaning out I averaged getting stuck about three times a day!!

  271. #271Marsh Mutt2015-08-09 05:51

    D7G LGP along with D6D LGP and D4D LGP My modest stable of LGP Cat dozers are definitely showing their age, and with LGP tracks impossible to find in my neck of the woods, the D6D is shod with standard gauge tracks. Finally I saved up enough to buy a new pair of LGP tracks for the D7G, from RFE Distributors, which is why I enrolled in this forum. Can any of you Cat spe******ts confirm whether RFE Distributors, located in Indiana, are a reliable source of after market Caterpillar tracks ? I am set to shell out $12K for a new pair LGP tracks for the D7G, so I figured there would be no harm asking here about the reputation of RFE Distributors, before I take the plunge. Any pointers that can be offered will be greatly appreciated.

  272. #272Marsh Mutt2015-08-09 06:01

    Hmm not sure why the word "spe******ts" was edited out in my sentence above, but I can't seem to find the edit button to correct that.

  273. #273JDOFMEMI2015-08-15 02:09

    It is something to do with the auto censor on the site. It seems the missing letters make up the name of a certain "male enhancement" drug, and it gets censored out, even as a part of a legit word. Sorry I have no help on your question re RFE, but I wish you luck.

  274. #274lancef2015-08-17 03:16

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/33654046@N03/20293419760/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

  275. #275kandauke2015-08-30 00:21

    Please I don't know the symbols on dashboard would you show me some

  276. #276g_man2015-09-12 19:26

    Working in the woods with my TD7G today gg

  277. #277ReadCon2015-09-14 12:13

    My first Dozer. bought to make life easier on a fleet of skid steers!

  278. #278Richardjw~2015-09-22 15:33

    this is my little D4D 88A series

  279. #279Metalman 552015-09-22 17:16

    Hey, nice looking D4D there Richard. Those look like extra wide pads.....maybe 20"?

  280. #280Marsh Mutt2015-09-24 04:25

    That is one pristine D4D, Ricardo. Someone went through that machine and spared no expense in making it brand new again. That D4D is an inspiration fer sure. I have half a mind to go back now and delete the picture of my decrepit D4D LGP, to save face in this gathering of dozer-meisters.

  281. #281mike9442015-09-24 11:48

    My '79 Case 450. Nothing fancy. Does good work around my property. I put a hitch ball on the back, and it's great for towing my wood chipper around my hills.

  282. #282Richardjw~2015-09-24 15:32

    Yes, I have to confess with some hind sight I probably wouldn't have undertaken the job if i had only known how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ it would have cost. But on the positive side its been a good experience and I have learnt a fair bit about it along the way

  283. #283Richardjw~2015-09-24 15:43

    they're 22" pads and yes, its a VERY tight squeeze putting the C frame on

  284. #284rodtg2015-11-09 09:01

    A couple we've run over the years. All pics before deployment to the dark continent:

  285. #285Multiracer2015-11-09 18:32

    1988 D-6H Differential steer, semi U blade.

  286. #286djordje12015-11-10 02:11
  287. #287turbo87812015-11-11 10:11

    a few pics of our tonka toys a D6T and a D5M

  288. #288turbo87812015-11-11 10:25

    Our D5M taking lunch break after building a safety zone on the Buckskin fire, June 2015

  289. #289Richardjw~2015-11-11 16:15

    What sort is that Djordje?....a little Fiat?

  290. #290Don Powers2015-11-11 16:47

    Allis Chalmers HD16DC-5414 doing what it does best. It's not mine but we spend quite a bit of time together. ​

  291. #291Benlivestock2015-11-11 19:31

    Some pics from when we were on the rough fire. D6c and D5k2

  292. #292td25c2015-11-11 21:02

    I like it ! Very reliable machine . Also helps if Don is a phone call away when brother in law needs assistance.

  293. #293Don Powers2015-11-11 21:52

    Actually, I am the operator, mechanic, and chief bottle washer. Lucky me, I do everything except spend money.

  294. #294djordje12015-11-12 11:52

    No its IMK 14 oktobar Krusevac Tg 110 1987 year weight 12t engine 84,5 kw zf transmision

  295. #295SidewinderGlenn2015-11-13 04:56

    D6n xl New toy they dropped off for me a few days ago...

  296. #296Mike Mc2015-11-13 23:05

    Whats the purpose for the end of the blade sticking out?

  297. #297SidewinderGlenn2015-11-14 04:30

    For transport ..... no permit for wide load. Pull 2 pins & the blade end manually folds forward. g

  298. #298CatToy2015-11-14 07:06

    Here is my toy dozer, not much of a dozer compared to what you all have and use but it moves some back and forth. Just finished playing in the mud in my pond reclaim project.

  299. #299PNECAT2015-11-21 01:04

    My D5K XL

  300. #300jelfert2015-12-16 07:09

    Case 850g rebuilt with 4048 original hours.

  301. #301CJGaul2015-12-29 11:49

    Terex 82-20

  302. #302jelfert2015-12-30 00:27

    Nice Terex. Are you rebuilding it? Paint looks fresh

  303. #303CJGaul2015-12-30 09:44

    We brought it in to fix all the leaks, tighten up the undercarriage and make it ready to work again. It's ready to sell

  304. #304Dickjr.2015-12-30 14:04

    These Terex machines are definitely unique. People have said they are almost indestructible as well. I know they caused a lot of hearing problems.

  305. #305CJGaul2015-12-30 16:11

    Definitely loud and yes, almost indestructible We have a few of those green machines. 82-20, 82-30 and 82-30B. A few 82-50's out there running yet too.

  306. #306heavydutydiesel2015-12-30 16:33

    our d10n

  307. #307Queenslander2016-01-07 06:02

    Unfortunately, ours is the one on the left.

  308. #308farmin2016-01-09 16:51

    few pictures of the love of my life

  309. #309SidewinderGlenn2016-01-09 23:44

    Nice grade work there "Farmin" ! Looks like the almost twin sister to my new D6N.

  310. #310nicky 68a2016-01-10 10:57

    Another D5H in the UK last autumn. Great tractor.

  311. #311DoyleX2016-01-10 11:02

    Long frame narrow gauge in that shape around here is impossible to find. Very nice!

  312. #312nicky 68a2016-01-10 11:20

    Well Spotted Doyle.It's actually an lgp tractor with narrow pads currently fitted. It has the longer 47 link as you rightly point out. I got it from a German company

  313. #313oldirt2016-01-10 14:28

    my ears hurt just looking at that 8220.. wow. I didn't know you could turn diesel fuel into that much noise.

  314. #314pineywoodsman012016-01-10 23:51

    My old 1979 D3 and my two ridgebacks, sure wish I could run her right now, I've got a pond to work on but my new undercarraige has issues which I talk about in another thread, its my first machine to ever run and I really enjoy playing in the dirt.

  315. #315Outlaw73172016-01-17 16:07

    Bunch of great pics in here guys. Keep them coming.

  316. #316SidewinderGlenn2016-01-17 19:38

    Piney ... does your D3 have the weird throttle / forward - reverse control stick (throttle & fwd-rvs on one stick) Our does .... & I hate it !

  317. #317Willie B2016-01-17 21:26

    To me those tracks look very tight. Willie

  318. #318RonG2016-01-18 04:14

    I do too,what was Cat thinking of?Ron G

  319. #319Oxbow2016-01-18 08:06

    :iagree

  320. #320Coastiebro2016-01-19 04:02

    Here's my old dozer "Miss Allis" HD 6 wet clutch and wet back end, the old girl could push! and black smoke when working hard! . Loading up to go to new home (couple of years back now) and not a scrap man either!

  321. #321RonG2016-01-19 04:42

    Bow,when they talk about "down under".Ron G

  322. #322Willie B2016-01-19 07:54

    That explains it. Does it look right side up to the OP? Willie

  323. #323Don k2016-01-19 22:18

    Cat. D7 17-A , Cat. #70 Scraper and JD 450- C

  324. #324hammerdwn202016-03-06 07:47

    Here a 310f with ormco 6 way blade and 188 diesel the day i brought it home. just ordered 2 new rollers and all new track pads for it. ive also got a 310g track loader i'm rebuilding.

  325. #325pafarmer2016-03-06 08:06

    That's a sweetheart of a tractor....

  326. #326Arska2016-03-06 09:29

    Just off the trailer and pointed to the mud

  327. #327CM19952016-03-06 10:41

    Welcome to the Forums Arska!:drinkup That's one sweet D6N, I'm jealous.

  328. #328pafarmer2016-03-06 12:33

    Welcome to HEF ! Oh my that is a sweet machine ! Congrats on the new CAT ! Lets us know what you think of it after you move some of that Finland mud about....love the 6 series CAT's....

  329. #329zbo22016-03-06 22:40

    Man that is sweet looking....

  330. #330moriboy2016-03-06 22:48

    So cool!

  331. #331Welder Dave2016-03-06 23:01

    Isn't it a D6M?

  332. #332RonG2016-03-07 02:14

    That is just a tease,and it is a Cat too .Ron G

  333. #333turbo87812016-05-21 10:20

    newly acquired D6H II should make a good ranch cat i hope

  334. #334Multiracer2016-05-21 10:53

    Nice find, how many hours ? Do you know the history ?

  335. #335turbo87812016-05-21 22:43

    5500 hrs. one owner, bought it new and used it in his construction company then took it with him to his ranch when he retired. other than that I couldn't find any history on it:beatsme

  336. #336etd66ss2016-05-25 10:49

    My trusty D6C 10K : http://i.imgur.com/XhDQvV0.jpg

  337. #337ILLICEMAN2016-05-28 16:06

    From a 17A to a D6k-2 in 57 years

  338. #338ILLICEMAN2016-05-28 16:23

    Heres my JD 750C-II I bought used in 2003.I installed the brush rake.It still is a great dozer. Cheers

  339. #339Calebww902016-05-30 19:23

    My new to me D3

  340. #340pafarmer2016-05-30 20:14

    Great machines...love these D3 CAT's....looks like a nice one...Congrats and good luck..

  341. #341Willie B2016-05-30 21:30

    I hate rusty blades. Go shine it up. A great sized machine, squeezes into tight spaces. Willie

  342. #342Neily2016-06-02 23:13

    our old allis

  343. #343chevy432016-06-03 02:25

    1955 International TD-18 181 series with B&E blade working hard building road. Weight about 32,000 lbs. 691 cubic inch 6 cyl.

  344. #344fast_st2016-06-03 05:50

    1966 John Deere 350 short track, gas engine, 24T Carco winch and the heart of a D8. Its a little bit of an odd duck with the 4 roller bottom instead of 5 and snow tracks. Spent an afternoon cutting a pair of driveways into a field and moving 80 feet of rock wall aside. Came out looking great. seems to want to be inverted... Finished for the day !

  345. #345farmerlund2016-06-22 21:59

    Here is my favorite machine to operate, for some reason its relaxing to me.:tong I have had this one for 8 or so years. D8H. It has been a good machine.

  346. #346ETMF 58 White2016-06-26 07:38
  347. #347nicky 68a2016-06-26 08:46

    That's a nice 46A Farmer. Here's some nice 68A 's I still run

  348. #348ilcorngrower2016-06-29 22:33

    Our two 750C both series 2 and our 650H

  349. #349g_man2016-07-27 06:57

    My favorite view in the VT woods gg

  350. #350mlprus882016-08-10 22:09

    My '84 Case 850C. Previous owner painted it the wrong color. Claimed he wanted to make it look better, and CAT yellow was less expensive than Case yellow. I think I would've preferred the worn out Case paint...... Pretty decent machine though.

  351. #351Price2016-08-13 15:55

    Trying hard to post pics but they are posting rotated to the left. I go to computer, select picture, upload, post. What am I missing?

  352. #352Price2016-08-13 16:59

    Ok. I think my pic was too big. It was taken with my Iphone and I guess I need to make sure to upload pics to computer as small. Sorry for repost.

  353. #353mlprus882016-08-13 20:02

    Lol

  354. #354Willie B2016-08-14 07:39

    Very nice, do you have a rake? I showed up the second trip to buy one cash in hand. A much closer inspection discovered issues I opted out of. I ended up with a Dresser TD7G. Paint one to look like the other, even a mechanic won't quickly figure it out. Where I live the Deere is much more common. Willie

  355. #355Price2016-08-14 11:05

    Thanks. I do have a rake. There were some minor issues to fix. I took the panel out and put in manual gauges, replaced many track shoe bolts, water pump and hoses and other small things. I need to rework the bushings on the blade connections and trunion ball at some point. New track shoes needed. All in time. So how are you liking the Dresser?

  356. #356Willie B2016-08-14 20:23

    It's a sweet machine. Like a dog, they all are if they have been treated well. Mine is a long way from new. It had some early issues. The undercarriage on the 3400 hour machine had been replaced. New shoes were 16" instead of 15 stock. This infringed 1/2" each side on the minimal clearance between track shoe , and swing cylinders. I began with wishbone pivots. These are non lubricated, non bushed pivots. There was a bit of slop in them. I hoped boring would tighten them enough to alleviate the shoe scrub. Dressers have a walking undercarriage in that the front crossmember pivots in the middle. Travel is limited to two inches. At one point in the first month I was playing with it, a friend drove in, I shut it off. Standing on the front of the track I noticed too much movement in the front idler. Dressers have 8 Rub bars to locate the front idler. The replaced undercarriage should have included these. It proved a big job 'cause I had never done one before. Otherwise it has been lots of fluid/filters, some new hoses (one cost $450.00), new batteries, and all new cables new seat, bunches of rubber parts etc. Could your shoes be freshened up with new grousers? The easiest stick welding process there is. Willie

  357. #357Price2016-08-18 13:32

    My pads are getting thin and starting to bend. So I figure I need to invest in new pads rather than welding on new grousers. Need some work first to be able to fund that fix!!

  358. #358tenpointr12016-08-19 15:16
  359. #359tenpointr12016-08-19 15:27
  360. #360Metalman 552016-08-19 18:08

    Nice looking D6C! That looks like a rare find.

  361. #361texaschad252016-08-20 00:59

    My trusty D7E

  362. #362KMM4x42016-08-20 02:48

    Who works at CAT D11R? I would like to look at a bulldozer photo (the engine, a cabin, a running gear).

  363. #363AU.CASE2016-08-31 01:45

    Good idea; Well, no root rake, but I do have handy tree pusher I made with locally built rippers from another make (BD10) that work well - if a little light for this machine! Great Farm Tractor for steep country here in Central NSW Australia; Currently sitting out in the rain waiting a minor undercarriage re-fit to take up some wear and prior abuse. Recently hauled a D6N (swampy) out of a pile of mud!

  364. #364Scrub Puller2016-08-31 02:06

    Yair . . . Nice one AU.CASE. On another thread I have mentioned to our American friends that it would be difficult to get a job around here with out a properly equipped tractor. Yours is a good example of a tractor fitted out to efficiently do all the tasks a machine of that size can do. Anyone can scratch around but unless you have an angle blade, the hooks out the back and a tree spear out the front its only half a machine in my view. Cheers.

  365. #365AU.CASE2016-08-31 04:07

    Thank you Scrub Puller, you are very kind. To have a medium sized machine on a farm is really a great cost saving, I suppose as a fussy owner the ratio of maintenance to work is about 1:4 which keeps the costs low barring unforeseen problems or prior history. I have been told by a very experienced operator when seeing this unit that a tree pusher was surplus; Until he bought a larger machine fitted with one and realise they rock; There is a way of making it light yet keep it straight when working timber (850kg and I can kick it off and back on alone in less than an hour) . Cheers and thanks for the reply Scrub Puller, on this incredible forum! I found this image of the tree pusher getting a coat of paint after eight days of welding and machining, plus our first machine the great little D750 and a little fire-fighing on the place here.

  366. #366Scrub Puller2016-08-31 12:56

    Yair . . . AU.CASE. In always made your style of pusher so it just sits on top and the blade can angle and tilt beneath it. I never really felt the urge to ever take them off. . . always had a lug on there for attaching the snigging chain or slings for unloading or lifting stuff. I could chain them up to the canopy when swapping the blade out for the rake and then drop it down onto the rake which was a bit higher than the blade . . . gave it greater angle but it still worked fine. I liked the pusher on while raking as it helped to keep logs from coming back over the top and onto the rams. Cheers.

  367. #367Queenslander2016-08-31 22:36

    In the days before loaders were widely available for farm tractors, we made a jib to go on the end of the tree pusher. Operated with a ram from a set of remotes, it could be lowered to ground level to attach yard posts and cap rails and hoist them 15 ft or so. Superfluous nowadays, of course.

  368. #368Metalman 552016-09-07 08:07

    Saw this fellow perched atop the D4D stack this morning when I was out walking the dog. Looks to be a Red Tailed the best I could tell. He was a big fellow too!

  369. #369fast_st2016-09-07 15:59

    Hawk sittin on a Cat, how fitting.

  370. #370Willie B2016-09-07 19:27

    My first thought when first seeing the picture was how quickly I could adapt that as a hoist. Part of my life I spent thinking How can I lift that? My first electric welder was AC. Positioned welds were the only good welds. I spent hundreds of hours positioning weldments to take advantage of gravity for sound welds. I had a gin pole on an antique truck I used a come along to lift. Willie

  371. #371Mark04082016-10-31 12:03

    My CAT D5M Bulldozer

  372. #372Crook_Donk2016-12-02 08:49

    D9H getting some love after sitting idle for a number of years. Pulled off the cab and nose cone today. Next the 353 is out for a rebuild. Can't keep two keen men down!

  373. #373Multiracer2016-12-02 09:25

    How many hours ? The machine does not look too bad.

  374. #374Crook_Donk2016-12-02 23:00

    Hi multiracer Had a new hour metre about 2500 hrs ago. The engine threw a rod before it was parked up. It looks like it had some dollars thrown at it before it put a hole in the block. Once we get the engine appart we will know what we are dealing with. U/C is pretty worn and rollers were not spun. Has not been properly maintained. Still think it will give us plenty of good operating hours once we address the engine and get some maintenance issues sorted. Cheers

  375. #375farmerlund2016-12-03 10:35

    I have a little different rake made up for my 700J. I do a lot of one row tree rows and old farmstead cleanup, this style of rake has worked out good for my application. Try not to laugh at my little rake Scrub. (big grin)

  376. #376seatwarmer2016-12-03 11:03

    scrub \grins

  377. #377TimT2016-12-05 22:34

    Just brought this one home last week... '79 450C Runs great, works great so far..

  378. #378Scrub Puller2016-12-06 01:52

    Yair . . . . Gotcha farmerlund. Its horses for courses and that looks to be a very well made attachment. I can see it working well in your application. I will post a question about your Stearman in TGIF . . . I am writing a novel and the lady flys one for fun and commutes in a Bonanza. Cheers.

  379. #379Willie B2017-01-20 08:54

    Needs a paint job

  380. #380Willie B2017-01-20 08:59

    Spent last winter going through it, cleaning, replacing fluids, hoses, shimming the front idler guides, batteries, wiring. The "big mail box is a shelter to park in. I'll close off at least the back to prevent snow from drifting. Giving some thought to doors on the front. Willie

  381. #381g_man2017-01-20 11:08

    I like your prefab shed Wille - just like you described. The snow won't collapse that one. Where is your "Over Sized Load" sign and permit ? gg

  382. #382Willie B2017-01-20 11:39

    I may have bent the rules slightly. No pictures of it on the highway, and you know what they say; "Without pictures, it didn't happen." Willie

  383. #383StxRancher2017-01-20 15:39

    My 81 450C

  384. #384boaterri2017-01-21 14:51

    It's not a dozer but this is my new toy. A John Deere 450C track loader with backhoe. Hope it is ok to add it to the thread. Rick

  385. #385Willie B2017-01-21 20:30

    Is the hoe a John Deere original, or aftermarket? These were not rare, or uncommon. I think they were at their best with clam bucket. A local died this weekend, he'd had one thirty years. A very nice unit. Check the front crossmember. If the bolts attaching it to the track frame failed, the lazy solution was to weld it. This didn't allow the small amount of movement necessary. The crossmember would break, putting tremendous strain on the transmission housing as it cantilevered the front of the machine. Broken transmission cases were the result. Last year I looked at a 450C Dozer, agreed on a price, drove it a bit. I arranged transportation, and a friend went with me to haul it. He was much more knowledgeable than I. We ran it quite a while, the seller was visibly agitated. It began to smoke from under the rear. I searched out the source of smoke; a rubber hose. It ran through the belly, and connected to the engine breather. In this process, I noticed the transmission housing had lots of fresh yellow paint, and welded on patches. I didn't buy it. Willie

  386. #386boaterri2017-01-22 10:14

    It is a genuine 9300 backhoe attachment as far a I can tell. Not the original one with the machine as one might guess from the formally red paint. Good call on the cross member check. Thanks, Rick

  387. #387moriboy2017-01-22 11:11

    Here's a picture of my dad running his D7F. We've had quite a few farm dozers over the years. He ran D7E's while in Vietnam and always had a love for the 7's. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  388. #388Willie B2017-01-22 16:03

    A real beauty. Where I live a dozer that big with winch is rare. Willie

  389. #389Metalman 552017-01-22 17:17

    I 2nd the idea of really liking the D7's. Back in the 80's I had the privilege of operating this D7G for several hundred hours & it was a real pleasure to run. Quick & nimble to get around, yet lots of power to get the job done. I must say that it was my favorite dozer to run hands down.

  390. #390moriboy2017-01-22 20:05

    They are pretty common around here since most of these older 7's were used in logging operations.

  391. #391Willie B2017-01-22 20:21

    In the era it was built in VT loggers depended on US Forest Service Timber Sales. Private land sale contracts usually used federal contract forms. D2, D3, and especially John Deere 350 sized tractors were nearly all there were. Big track tractors weren't allowed on federal land. Earlier, right after WWII both my father, and his brother worked for a very big company that started in the ice business. Their tractors were D7. By my youth D7s were pretty unusual. Willie

  392. #392Crook_Donk2017-02-05 08:09

    Slugs out the D353 in my D9H. #4 (missing from picture) is a good sized book end at the moment. Can't get over how big they are. They are adjacent to the fuel tank sitting on a wooden pallet to give some scale....

  393. #393jwest758012017-02-23 20:36

    You can check out my equipment and some work I've done here at this link I like doing things the old school way. https://m.facebook.com/Wests-Services-1531629740441092/

  394. #394jwest758012017-02-23 20:47
  395. #395Hobbytime2017-02-24 17:52

    here is my D-58..makes a good snow mover..

  396. #396davo7272017-02-26 00:01
  397. #397davo7272017-02-26 00:03

    Had it delivered today , a D6C 10K . 1974 I think.

  398. #398nicky 68a2017-02-26 09:33

    Got this old D8H 68A working in the UK at the moment

  399. #399nicky 68a2017-02-26 09:43
  400. #400Metalman 552017-02-26 10:00

    Such a splendid old machine........Never tire looking at them.

  401. #401Willie B2017-02-26 13:26

    The tilt of the cab makes it look like it's anxious to go. Willie

  402. #402ih1002017-02-26 15:24

    Nicky, do you ever work in the east of England? There aren't that many 68a's left and it isn't so long since I saw one on a box near Market Deeping. It wasn't one of Roly's.

  403. #403Coastal2017-02-26 19:27

    Using the TD15 for a snow plow this year. And pulling out stuck pickups Making roads

  404. #404jwest758012017-02-26 23:06

    That a nice looking machine you got there were you at in tx? I'm out of Palestine

  405. #405davo7272017-02-27 00:19

    A little SW of Coldspring

  406. #406davo7272017-03-03 23:42

    My friend Bill came out to try out the D6C today.

  407. #407BobCatBob2017-03-08 23:03

    Nice Dozer !

  408. #408JS3002017-03-10 18:44

    1996 850G around 4,000 hours.

  409. #409Pete14682017-03-18 19:26

    This is my new to me d7R hopefully the pic goes as I have a new phone and am still working out the bugs.

  410. #410davo7272017-03-18 23:06

    Big Boy! Nice/

  411. #411nicky 68a2017-03-19 06:36

    No mate,but there are a few about on the east coast still

  412. #412ih1002017-03-20 14:28

    I'd like to get my backside in one for an afternoon, doubt I'd survive longer than that. Hi-drives spoil you.

  413. #413Pete14682017-03-21 18:34

    I've only run it an hour so far, maybe it's the better seat but I think it rides a little better then my old d7e. The air conditioner definitely works better.

  414. #414DB092017-03-22 07:07

    74 Td 25 c trying to survive in a cat world

  415. #415Willie B2017-03-22 07:45

    A magnificent beast! Willie

  416. #416DB092017-03-23 20:53

    TD 25B. TD25C.

  417. #417Brandon_M2017-03-28 12:13

    My ole td-8g. With a cummins engine & gearmatic winch, she gets the job done

  418. #418Willie B2017-03-28 22:29

    Very nice. I have TD7G. Mine has undercarriage from TD8G. shoes are too wide I believe. When I got it shoes had rubbed the blade angle cylinders. No real damage, but it couldn't be ignored. I rebuilt the guides that locate front idlers, It gave me about an inch. A month ago I lost a pin from the C arm pivot under the belly. It let the c arm swing to the side, damaging the angle cylinder. I've been waiting ever since for a rebuild. I'm looking for a hydraulic shop with a shorter backlog of work. Willie

  419. #419Brandon_M2017-03-28 23:34

    Wille B, my td-8g has 16" shoes on it. I figured the 7g would handle 16" shoes unless yours has the extra wide track shoes.

  420. #420djordje12017-03-29 06:49
  421. #421Willie B2017-03-29 07:44

    My cylinder spacing is 2" narrower than the space between shoes. Overall width is something like 5' 10". Dresser specifies 15" standard shoes, 17" offset shoes, or wide track models with 24" shoes, but the frame is very different. That 1/2" lost because of wider shoes, is needed. I'm afraid I'll end up cutting the shoes to get clearance. Willie

  422. #42256wrench2017-03-31 10:18

    My old D8 46a. One of the last low-horse models. 1965 vintage

  423. #423gtermini2017-03-31 11:48

    That thing sure looks a lot like an old flat track D5. D5D clone? Greyson

  424. #424Steve vic2017-04-02 04:54

    my Allis 11B

  425. #425Metalman 552017-04-02 06:36

    Nice old 11B! What year would that be.....about a 72? I ran one like it back in the early 70's except with the 13' angle blade on it. It was a nice machine to run.

  426. #426Steve vic2017-04-02 07:14

    Hi Metalman its a 1973 model , i have both straight and angle blades for it as well as 12' stick rake yes is a very smooth machine to operate is pretty quick compared to my EP and plenty of power while very good on fuel

  427. #427farmerlund2017-04-02 12:19

    Do the ripper shanks Pivot on the main bar? I don't think I have seen one like that before. There are hardly any Allis machines around my area. looks like a nice tractor.

  428. #428GManBart2017-04-10 15:20

    My little D3B....has the wrong stickers on it.

  429. #429Honcho2017-04-18 13:59

    Hello from Russia

  430. #430Metalman 552017-04-18 15:53

    I'll see if I can find a picture of the 11B that I ran & post it one day soon!

  431. #431BLADEMADE2017-09-02 17:31
  432. #432Willie B2017-09-05 07:44

    7G TD7G in fresh paint. It has had its baptism since the picture was taken. The blade in no longer yellow.

  433. #433bwmwaima2017-09-07 04:33
  434. #434Wes(MI)2017-09-24 10:10

    My 1956 D4 7U, with Hyster D4E winch.

  435. #435Tinkerer2017-09-24 13:25

    Awesome looking TD7 Wille ! I hope the tracks loosened up after you ran it.

  436. #436Willie B2017-09-24 14:13

    I loosened them up before using it.

  437. #437gary8082017-09-24 17:48

    Our d9h, pulling steering clutches and bevel gear shaft.

  438. #438gary8082017-09-24 17:50

    Our d7e being used to stand a 6" power pole.

  439. #439Crook_Donk2017-09-27 08:40

    Reborn D9H going back into full service in Western Australia.

  440. #440DMiller2017-09-28 18:34

    Love that BEAST!!

  441. #441crane operator2017-09-28 19:42

    Thought this was a interesting auction today. Purplewave is a online auction site that I watch, I thought the difference in years and what they brought $ wise was interesting. https://www.purplewave.com/auction/170928/item/DB6448 https://www.purplewave.com/auction/170928/item/DC5994 https://www.purplewave.com/auction/170928/item/DB3481 D7f - with supposedly only 193 hrs- (military according to the listing)- $42,900 D7g 11,000hrs- $31,350 D7H 20,000hrs high track- $33,000 for a big spread in years, didn't mean such a big difference in $, The H has a pretty worn undercarriage, but what would the difference in years be between these?

  442. #442Metalman 552017-09-28 20:12

    Without looking up ser #'s : D7F early 70's, D7G mid 70's to mid 80's & D7H late 80's to mid 90's.

  443. #443Welder Dave2017-09-28 20:15

    That sure doesn't look like an original hour meter on the D7F and not the best paint job.

  444. #444DMiller2017-09-28 20:23

    May be later hour meter but that machine was Clean! Been repainted, rails appear new or almost new, never been abused.

  445. #445TimT2017-09-30 22:11

    My new toy in my side yard.... 1975 IH TD-25C, Nice big machine for fun. Thats the boss on the machine in the second pic.... Seriously, that dog/Boss LOVES big machinery.

  446. #446td25c2017-09-30 22:47

    Yeah Tim , a 25C works great for landscaping projects around the home . Knock out trees pretty fast & build a pond in the back yard .

  447. #447Truck Shop2017-10-01 07:30

    This one sets not far from my house still runs just left it where it was last used 14A wet clutch. Truck Shop

  448. #448Willie B2017-10-01 07:41

    Growing up in the 60's there weren't any excavators in very rural VT. Loggers had very little dozers. The first TD25 was astounding how big it was. I still want one, but that would make no sense at all. Charlie Abbott of Wilton CT told a great story of a huge snowstorm that brought the city to its knees. Pushing 30odd inches of heavy wet snow, it developed into a massive snowball. He could roll it, but it only grew in size. Then the inevitable happened; it rolled down hill. This thing weighing many tons, magically missed important things and mercifully rolled past a house into the woods behind. Said his heart was beating like a trip hammer.

  449. #449Willie B2017-10-01 07:46

    I'm curious, the blade is lifted by a winch I presume powers from the front of the crank shaft. Is that a ripper in rear? Is there a second winch, or is there also hydraulics for that?

  450. #450TimT2017-10-01 09:49

    Yeah, I NEED the 25 for one thing... The pleasure of having one. I have a 1979 JD 450-C that I bought last year and its a great machine. I have a new New Holland Boomer41 tractor/loader and a new E27B mini excavator with thumb. Those machines do all the stuff around here that I could ever want to do. Clearing brush, cleaning up the old farm yard, some demolition of buildings, odd jobs for neighbors and friends...and I do have a pond already, but t needs a clean out bad.The 25 might help with that. Truly the big dozer is a toy to enjoy...However....I do have a few projects in mind, and so do my neighbors!! It will get used for a few things for sure.

  451. #451TimT2017-10-01 10:04

    Yes, it could have a cable control unit on the rear, but it also could have a hydraulic ripper frame. More likely hydraulic on this machine. Caterpillar made several cable control units for its machines, both front mounted and rear. Before that others supplied them for many makes of machines.Its a whole history on its own. Some had overhead frames that could carry the cable from the rear mounted unit over the top to the front blocks to lift the blade, some had a tube running along the side of the tractor to do this in later models, while others were used to control towed scrapers.. those might have twin drums. Even when the hydraulic controls came out many contractors preferred the cable power units. I grew up around and working for a company that cleans up train derailments. Back in the mid fifties, before they used sidebooms, they had several D9's with cable control blades. I have seen what those units can lift.... amazing. They used to re-rail railroad cars using the blade control winches. If set up right, they could lift enormous weights that hydraulic cylinders would never do.

  452. #452ol'stonebreaker2017-10-01 10:55

    Yes, Tim, I've seen what a cable dozer can lift. We had a 14A used around the portable crusher and we used the dozer to lift the front of the trailer mounted crushers to level them. Never broke a cable doing it. Mike

  453. #453Willie B2017-10-01 19:56

    Caterpillar graders were once gearbox operated. Every component on the thing is another gearbox. I've a good friend with shoulders, and arms like a gorilla able to put on a real show operating his. There is never a second he isn't making two adjustments simultaneously. My Power Wagon has two winches. It was simple logic when I added the dump body, that it be winch powered. It'll spill three tons in three seconds. There was once a D7 nearby, I never saw it move, it had a rear winch, and overhead cable/pulley rig to hoist the blade. The blade alone must have weighed a few tons, maybe more. Willie

  454. #454gary8082017-10-02 16:05

    D9 we purchased and our old d7e.

  455. #455g_man2017-10-03 17:53

    My Dresser TD7G in the woods today

  456. #456Metalman 552017-10-03 18:02

    Nice looking TD7G there G-Man!

  457. #457Willie B2017-10-03 19:27

    There's something majestic in that. Building roads where no road has been before. In VT that isn't easy to do. Today I was on a piece of property too steep to be real, no ledge to form a cliff, just gravel. I'm guessing that Silas Griffith, Vermont's (He Claimed) first millionaire, had had one of two major log/charcoal settlements very near by. In the late 1800's they had no trucks, no hydraulics, Gravel was loaded on plank bottom wagons exploiting gravity where they could. Men stood on wooden structures 6 feet above the level the wagon sat on, and shoveled. Left handed shovelers were in short supply. Wagons were unloaded by twisting the planks that formed the floor up on edge. I believe I was at a vacation home built atop Silas's gravel pit. I have no other explanation for this formation of earth. A very nice picture of Heaven. Willie