Hi. I am not sure if this exists but my dozer operator talked about if he had one he could work slopes and compact as well. anyone see one out there? I was thinking that mounted on a three point A frame and you could use the wench to raise and lower it, If it was pinned on three point you could just drop it when you didn't need it. I have looked online but not luck as of yet. Thanks
Yair . . . Dunno Hopuser . Maybe I don't quite understand. Are you saying you want to hang a smooth drum compaction roller off the back end of a D6? I just can't get my head around the concept, what about the weight? It only takes a few minutes to hook up a conventional towed roller if you want to use the six for compaction as well as cutting slopes. Cheers
I don't think a smooth drum roller would compact much of anything without vibration and/or down force. Unless its a LPG dozer it should compact things pretty good just tracking things in. A little more info about what you are trying to accomplish and maybe we can give you some better suggestions.
I have never seen a smooth drum roller that mounts like your talking about but I have seen a few tow behind vibratory rollers. The ones I have seen were older and were more for sealing up a fill then actually compacting dirt. Like scrub puller said, look into getting a pull behind sheepsfoot. Just be carefull looks can be dissieving, a 84" double drum roller filled with fluid take at least a d8 to pull and make any time at it.