I have a 130 size machine and was charging 100 last year and after the first raised my rate to 110. What are you guys charging and hour?
exactly what we did for our 135,if the fuel goes anyhigher our rates are going to also
$110-125/hr here for a 120, sounds about right.
What about a 200, 300 or 400 size machine
A Cat 345 is getting $245 an hour.
A friend of mine figures his bids at $200hr for a 320c, 120-311-312 rate roughly 100-120
JD 50 with buckets or ripper $125/ Hour JD 50 with Breaker $185/ Hour JD 605C Trackloader 4-1, Ripper $165/ Hour CAT 256C Skid Steer 4-1, forks $105/ Hour Trimble S6 Total Station -Layout $120/ Hour
Rates My rates are as follows: John Deere 490E (120) -- $120 per hour with hydraulic grapple Caterpillar D6D -- $150 per hour John Deere 762 -- $130 per hour John Deere 644B -- $90 per hour Kenworth 10 Wheel Dump -- $70 per hour Kenworth Tractor with bottom dump -- $85 per hour These are the rates, but I usually end up reducing them for jobs that last more than a couple days.
TB070, 975 bobcat, 906 cat loader, my AW grader, $150/hr. 100 ad Bomag, 778 New Holand SS, 10/12yd dump truck, snow plows, $100/hr. Hand operated power tools @ $75/hr. When fuel goes over $4.00/gal everything goes up $25. Job move in $150. minimum for any job is 4 hours. 33% profit margin on any supplies or materials used on the job. Verbal estimates are free but anything requirering itemized written estimate are charged out @ $100/hr. which is applied as credit if awarded the job. I like to gross between $1000 and $1500 a day 5 days a week if possible. 33% for overhead, 33% for wage, and 33% for profit. So far I have been able to fall in this area.
ZX120 Hitachi getting me $108hr at the mo but will wind that up to $115 probebly in the next month or two. Will def put it up to $112 in about 1 weeks time. This is in New Zealand Transport to Job is $115
I get 130 a hour for our cat 312s.
$130 and thats US, **** think I had better put my rates up I reakon we are to low over here in New Zealand. I have been thinking about ringing around and getting all the contractors to put prices up otherwise it is to competitive, although most my clients have been clients for years and years. Am trying to target more construction work now as agricultural work doesn't really do it for me anymore.
Am working on my website slowly but have a gander if you want. www.monrad.co.nz
how do you guys charge for time to transport to and from jobs? or do you?
Just a one off cost of $115 For everybody, pretty much all our work is within a 30 km radius, for any out of area jobs I just charge that figure twice or three times.
Pittsburgh, Pa Rates The rates here are below what I think they should be: 315 CL Excavator (150 size) $100 / hour 420D-IT 4x4 extendahoe, bucket & forks $75.00 / hour 953C (2001 MODEL) $100 / HOUR Cat 277 Track Skid Steer, buckets or forks $70 / hour Tandem Axle Dumptruck $65 - $70 / hour With fuel pricing being so volatile, it is difficult to even publish rates. Prevailing wage projects are bid $20 per hour higher (usually). The trucking industry has put out a fuel surcharge here. Somehow, it has become an accepted practice..........the only problem that I have with it is that from the time that you bid the job to when the job starts, the price changes. Most often, owners want you to live up to your bid price. Nobody said that the excavating business would be easy............ :usa