Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Your opinion, will it be useful

TVA · 2019-02-04 20:48

https://www.amazon.com/CPS-Solenoid...ocphy=9012970&hvtargid=pla-571453825815&psc=1 My younger days used to work in HVACR with my dad. Do you think this may be useful, especially for manlift/telahandlet work.

Replies6
  1. #1icestationzebra2019-02-07 21:33

    Obviously would have to be a 3/4" coil with no protrusions to allow that to work. Many of the ones I've worked with the connection was molded into the side so this wouldn't work. What I had was a 2-pin deutch plug that I could power with a small battery. ISZ

  2. #2wornout wrench2019-02-07 21:49

    If I was still working, I would get one. Lots of the old logging machines run solenoids that would fit on, would be a huge time saver. Not sure what it was called but it was about the size of a pen and it would glow if there was power going to the coil. that thing was handy. I have one for checking AC power, make sure the circuit is dead before I open things up.

  3. #3TVA2019-02-07 21:50

    You can actually remove the coil and slip this on valves core - that’s what it for, to keep valve open even when there no power to evacuate the refrigerant.

  4. #4TVA2019-02-07 21:54

    Just click on the link to watch it on YouTube

  5. #5TVA2019-02-07 21:58

    Probably non contact voltage indicator. This one actually you slide over valve core instead of coil to open or close valve, if for some reason you can’t use coil or not sure that coil works. That’s a permanent magnet.

  6. #6wornout wrench2019-02-07 22:18

    Non-contact, that is the name, thank you. I figured out how the one you have on the youtube worked just looking at it. I have had weak coils, bad coils, the orifices in the solenoids were plugged. The list goes on. Throw that magnet on the solenoid should open. Sweet.