Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yr model of my 955K

Lil Red ยท 2024-06-27 12:24

Hello all, i'm new to the forum so thanks in advance for your help. Just purchased Cat 955K serial number 85J4171, and I think it has the D330 engine but wondering if someone can tell me the year of my unit and any other available details. I'd also like to get a pdf of Operation Manual if anyone has that as well. Already have Service Manual so i'm good there. Thanks again, Lil Red

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-06-27 12:42

    You have a late 955K with a D330C engine. The 85J machines started being badged as L models in 1976 from 85J4672. So I would guess your machine is either a late 1975 or 76 build. For a pdf Maintenance Manual search for SEBU6520. For an Operation Manual search for SEBU5511. there isn't a single manual that covers both.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-06-28 02:20

    According to a small booklet I have with some serial numbers, 955L was at serial 85J4672 but that was in 1971. Your machine is also a 1971. Serial numbers for 1971 ranged from 85J3791 to 85J4890 so yours is a later 1971 shortly before the switch to the L model.

  3. #3Lil Red2024-06-28 09:51

    Thank you both @Nige and @Welder Dave for your feedback, much appreciated!