Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

z45/22 boom problems

nsal ยท 2016-10-22 08:17

I htave A Z45 / 22 I'm having a problem with the Boom in and out it goes out but will not return. as well the level on the platform is not working correctly have to manually adjust as a raisin the left .it seems to have power at both the platform and machine at the same time on certain switches can someone please direct me on which way to go checked many things need help

Replies6
  1. #1Rentalmechanic2016-10-27 21:51

    You need to check your keyswitch at the control box for power on the lower and upper problem. Disconnect the lower controls from the keyswitch and see if the problem goes away. Genielift.com offers pdf based service manual free of charge. Verify your serial number and download the manual follow the wires and disconnt the lower control wire from the keyswitch or verify power is gone on lower by way of volt meter . The in and out tele might cause that problem of the key but self leveling is done by swapping fluid with the master level cylinder at the base of the boom with that in mind Either a hose is swapped, bad cartridge or cyclinder packing is bleeding by RM

  2. #2nsal2017-04-04 21:15

    Sorry for the delay it's been sitting over winter just started to work on it again I will check the key switch and let you know how I make out

  3. #3nsal2017-04-06 19:01

    I disconnected the lower wires from the key switch had no effect on the problem. Not sure if it's related now that it has sat over winter the lower controls work and the machine runs except for boom in. When I switch to platform the machine shuts off. There is power up to the platform kill switch and I traced it back down. not sure where the wires go from there. Any ideas on what could be the problem relay, shorting out wire, not sure please help

  4. #492U 34062017-04-06 22:08

    Will the boom go in at all or just out only from the platform and ground controls? If it won't go in at all, I would check the coils on the main manifold. I have had those fail before. Just want to locate the correct coil, unplug it and check resistance. I think 8-12 ohms is the normal range but I would confirm that with the specs in the manual. If its only acting up in one control box and not the other, check that the switch is working. Have seen those crap out too.

  5. #5nsal2017-04-07 07:36

    I have already switched out coils and switches boom does not return on either platform or Ground Control

  6. #6nsal2017-04-07 11:25

    I believe Hi It's a Hydraulic problem. anyone know if the bypass is on the hydraulic cylinder or the coil manifold?