Trottle isnt working. It could be an issue with the Stepper Motor but, I also heard of a guy carrying out an engine relearning cycle… Dose anyone know the steps I need to Carry out? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to HEF Cart ! Does your machine have a learning switch behind the seat, I think on the left side of the machine? If so, with the key off, place the switch in the up position, key on for 5 seconds, key off for 5 seconds, place the learning switch back into the middle position. If that does not work, make sure the light on the PVC (pump and valve controller) is blinking about once a second. If it is not on, on steady or flashing codes, you have an issue.
Hello! Thanks so much it’s great that people are willing to help a man in bother! Yes my machine had a learning toggle switch but I must look this evening where up is, when she was working normal the switch faces back towards the back window There is a mid and front position also.. I’m guessing I need to have it facing the front window in order to carry out this engine learning. I disconnected the trottle cable in order to start the engine and the trottle has moved fully away from the trottle cable so at the moment until I get the stepper moving I can’t refit the trottle!
Post a picture of your learning switch.
See attached, thanks.
I believe this is the direction you need. Maybe @LACHAU can confirm.
Before doing engine learning you must do engine speed adjustment. After completing the "ENGINE LEARNING" operation you must check again "GOVERNOR LEVER AND FUEL CUT LEVER POSITION".
I tried the re-learn and yes it worked, thanks so much for your help. Do you know or have any details on the control switches in the photo below? She is hold the revs up to whatever setting it’s on I’m al ost sure the revs drooped before if you did activate any controls.. I might have it on some wrong setting… Thanks once again
Control panel below unsure what the top 2 switches are below the revs.
The switch below the throttle dial will give you A/A- auto acceleration. A/I - auto idle. Next switch down is power ratings modes. High power Regular power and last economy mode. Maybe someone can explain how the A/A works. I believe the economy power will make the machine run slower hydraulically speaking but still have maximum lifting ability. Not sure though.
That makes sense, thanks very much James.
Cart FYI, the Deere Bookstore has an option for a free Operator’s Manual download for that Hitachi. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
I didn’t know that, I have it downloaded just now, thanks so much Dave.