Afternoon all, I'm wondering if someone can enlighten me as to what Coolant Temperature (M) refers to in the monitor on a Hitachi Zaxis 130-3. There seems to be only one coolant temp sensor on the block (isuzu 4jj1) but 2 different readings, when I unplug the sensor coolant temperature (E) drops to minus 40 and coolant temp (M) drops to plus 20 but no further, also if someone could point me in the direction of a service manual for a 130lcn-3 that would be great, seems to be very little info about the -3 online?
Post a picture of the monitorwhat you are seeing.
The theory of operation for your machine states that the coolant temperature sensor (B43) and the engine temperature sensor (B4) are housed within the same sensor. Maybe @LACHAU can enlighten us some more?
Good day, Coolant Temperature ( M ) = Signal to M onitor Controller for temp. gauge cluster. Coolant Temperature ( E ) = signal to E ngine Controller to control engine.
As below images show you. Coolant Temperature sensor fault code separate in 02 type: Monitor Coolant sensor fault code. ECM sensor system fault code. They are difference codes.
Excellent information as usual Lachau thank you so much, as I understand it then Coolant Temperature (m) is just the signal for the monitor and so has no effect on say engine preheating or fuel control, this is controlled by the other side of the sensor where the Coolant Temp (e) signal comes from? And so as long as the monitor functions normally there's nothing to worry about? Where would I find the Technical/Workshop manuals for this machine, I have manuals for EX100 up to ZX120-1 and the later model ZX130-5 but I can't seem to find much for the ZX130-3 Lcn Thanks again for your excellent information and help