Howdy, today I accidentally yoinked on the return fitting a little too hard and stripped the threads. Got the fitting off, it's m12x1.5. Anyone foresee an issue putting a helicoil in there? Figure I'll run a vacuum as I drill and tap the hole. Is it the return fitting, so hopefully if metal shavings did go inside they wouldn't be able to reach the pumps?
It’s ok.. the only problem will be getting wide enough gaskets to seal.. You’ll probably be miles ahead if u use air pressure in the inlet, blowing the aluminum back atcha.. instead of sucking them into the pump.. Use a gob of grease or Vasoline on your drill and tap.. most of the bits will stick to that.. Good luck
I’m curious and not knowledgeable about the internals of these pumps.Does the inlet and return have direct flow to one another, or is there a check valve stopping the inlet fluid from going out the return? If it’s just open between the two, how do the injector return lines have enough pressure to send fluid back to the pump?
Ancient Chinese Secret..lol Yes they’re connected.. the check valve is in the return fitting or banjo bolt..& it’s set to a specific pressure (1.5 bar) That puts enough fuel in the fuel gallery (housing) to allow each of the pumping plungers to fill and have enough fuel to shoot to the injectors.. That’s why overflow valves play a pivotal role in a “low power” problem in an in-line pump.. On a rotary pump, they have a tiny orifice.. no spring to wear out. I hope this helps..
Interesting. I'll take apart my return fitting and check that that spring is good while I have it apart. After I stripped the threads on the return fitting, my stop solenoid/lever no longer works. I tried manually pulling on the stop lever to make sure it wasn't the actually solenoid. Is it safe to assume this is connected to the lack of pressure in the fuel gallery?
Can u snap a pic.?? If U can’t load it here, try my email.. my screen name at aoldotcom I’ll help u out..
I'm at the precipice of finally fixing this thing. Here's a picture of the injection pump. I tried blowing compressed air through the inlet you see down at the bottom, where the mechanical fuel pump is, and seeing if any pressure came out the return hole (top right of injection pump). No luck. Any other advice for keeping it clean of shavings?
Whoops, that’s not the inlet, that’s the fuel pump outlet to the fuel filters. I see the inlet now on the side of the injection pump
Hi need help on Hitachi dump 30t services over due alarm Just need to reset it Thanks
Lol.. remove the 10mm bleeder screw and apply air.. be careful on the 1st blast.. the gallery is gonna be full of fuel.. u don’t want a face full.. Good luck
Now if only I could find the helicoil kit I bought.........................................
FR33, you need to start your own thread in the general industry questions or the off road truck section. No one is going to see your question in this thread. Joe H
Finally got around to doing it today. Went relatively smoothly, return fitting isn’t leaking anymore. The stripped threads issue arose because I was tinkering around trying to figure out a low power issue after I got the excavator back from someone renting it. With the return fitting fixed, now back to solving the low power issue. The three symptoms I’m seeing: 1. Low power, 2. Burning oil out the tailpipe, 3. Stop solenoid isn’t stopping the engine. 4. Occasional knocking sound. I’m guessing an engine teardown is in order,
Pull the dipstick and check the oil, before cranking.. Check to see if it’s hi on the stick and/or if it’s thin..
It was low, I added about a pint and that brought it to the bottom of the dipstick line. I'll check in the morning it's consistency.