Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ZF Transmissions and Axles

ZFPTrans ยท 2008-06-11 10:36

Hello members of Heavy Equipment Forums, my name is Nick, and I work for a company Called ZF Precision Transmission. We are an authorized distributor for ZF. I have listed several manufacturers who run our product. If you ever need help troubleshooting any problems with your equipment, please feel free to email me - [email protected] or call me @ (215) 822-8300. I am here to answer any questions you may have. We provide 24/7 Service and Parts. We also overhaul every transmission, Dyno-Test, and back with a One Year Warranty. Reman exchanges are available. I hope the information below will help you N. MacFarland Account Manager Case Wheel Loaders run both ZF Transmission and Axle: 521D ,621, 621B, 621C, 621D, 721, 721B, 721C, 821, 821B, 821C, 921, 921B, 921C Hyundai Wheel Loaders run ZF Transmission: HL740, HL757, HL760, HL770, HL780 JCB Wheel Loaders run Zf Transmission: J 321, J 411, J 412, J414, J 426, J 436, J 446, J 456, J 712, J 714, J 718, J 722 JLG -SkyTrak - Lull - and CAT Run ZF Transmission and Axle: 644, 844, 944, 1044, 8042, 10042, 10054, 4266, 4270, 4288, 4290, 6036, 6042, 6036, 6042 John Deere Backhoes run both ZF Transmission and Axle: 210LE 310E, 310G, 410E, 710E, 710G John Deere Wheel Loaders run both ZF Transmission and Axle: 444J, 444H, 544E, 544G, 544H, 544J, 624E, 624G, 624H, 624J, 644E, 644G, 644 H, 644 J, 744J, 744H Terex Articulated Dump Trucks run both ZF Transmission and Axle: 2366, 2566, 2566B, 2566C, 2766, 2766B, 2766C, TA25, TA27, 3066, 3066C, TA30, TA35, TA40, 4066, 4066B, 4066C Moxy runs ZF Transmission and Axle: 6225, 6227, MT30, MT30S, MT26, MT31, MT40, MT40B Many more models and manufacturers can be found on our website www.precisiontrans.com

Replies33
  1. #1AtlasRob2008-06-11 14:24

    You can add Terex Atlas Wheeled Excavators to that list. Boy are you lucky I got a sense of humour :drinkup If you dont understand what I am on about check out the " I Broke It " thread in excavators. And welcome aboard :thumbsup

  2. #2rino14942008-06-11 17:53

    Glad to hear and welcome to the site. We own a Terex 2766C.

  3. #3ZFPTrans2008-06-12 08:09

    Rino, How is the machine running for you?

  4. #4rino14942008-06-12 22:06

    Great, no problems at all. Definitely wouldn't hesitate on buying another one. One of our competitors has a 2366 and (2) 2566C's and he loves them too.

  5. #5ZFPTrans2008-06-13 10:39

    Terex builds a quality Artic. We do alot of work for Terex factory warranty as well as end user overhauls.

  6. #6dysfunction2008-12-27 17:03

    ZF transaxles can also be found in the Detomaso Pantera.

  7. #7dpatrick2009-01-14 19:20

    721B wheel loader differential Hello Nick, I'm trying to get my 3 replies so I can get some info on a Case 721B wheel loader. I built a ready mix plant for a gentleman in San Antonio, TX several years back and he has asked me to help him find a rear differential for his 721B. I'm driving an 18 wheeler over the road and I need to know just exactly what numbers I will need to try and track down a differential for him. I think I talked to a guy named Ret from your company earlier this afternoon.

  8. #8farm_boy2009-01-15 01:03

    Welcome to HEF ZFPTrans!! :drinkup One little clarifying point on the Deere loaders. The only ZF axles under Deere loaders are T-III 444J's, 844J, 444K and 844K. All other Deere loaders use Deere axles.

  9. #9ZFPTrans2009-01-15 14:14

    DPatrick, I would be more then happy to quote you on an axle. Please give me a call @ (215) 822-8300 when you get this message.

  10. #10MKTEF2009-01-15 14:54

    Hello ZFPTrans! Do you got any info on the new drop box from ZF? The new one who handles a bunch of Hp.. Same about the automatic box for 500-600hp, ergopower if i am not wrong. I've checked your site, and ZF, but didn't find much info. Around here everybody wants 600hp in their truck, but not so many drop boxes/autoboxes handles that and 2900Nm...

  11. #11Toolguy2009-01-17 01:13

    Welcome from Vancouver Island in Beautiful British Columbia.

  12. #12dpatrick2009-01-18 07:56

    Thankyou ZFPT Will try to get in touch Monday A.M.. Things got a littlle hectic Friday a.m. with the subzero temps in chicago. Thanks again, look forward to speaking with you.

  13. #13JohntheWrench2009-01-28 13:01

    Hello all. New to the forum. I work for the city of los angeles and was hoping for some help on a 1999 Hyundai HL-770 wheel loader were having problems with. 1st of all, the unit wont shift past 2nd gear. You can get 1st & 2nd. And the downshift button works on the left turn signal lever. But no 3rd and 4th. 5200 hrs on the unit. Full of fluid. We had a huge fire here at where I work (was on the news back in Dec) and we lost all of our service manuals. Does anybody have schematics for the trans & the shift solenoids. Plus...theres a leak on the front of the trans behind the brake rotor. Looks like a hydraulic pump. Any info on that as well? Would be much appreciated.

  14. #14ZFOverhaul2009-02-03 11:32

    Hyundai HL 770 Hi JohntheWrench, Do you have a 4 solenoid or 5 solenoid valve body? Do you have reverse? My name is Kyle and I work with Centranz, Inc. We remanufacture ZF, Volvo, and Allison off-highway transmissions. In addition to, we also have an in-house machine shop where we manufacture aftermarket parts for ZF, Volvo, and Allison transmissions. I would like the opportunity to help you with the problems that you are having. Please contact me at anytime. Regards, Kyle Wine Centranz, Inc. 800.457.5400 816.650.3161 Fax: 816.650.5900 [email protected] http://www.centranz.com

  15. #15cps2009-02-03 13:20

    Hi there Kyle thanks for the link to your website, some great info in the troubleshooting page, il be sure to call on your assistance in the future!

  16. #16ZFOverhaul2009-02-03 15:27

    Hyundai HL-770 Hi JohntheWrench, Do you have a 4 solenoid or 5 solenoid valve body? Do you have reverse? My name is Kyle and I work with Centranz, Inc. We remanufacture ZF, Volvo, and Allison off-highway transmissions. In addition to, we also have an in-house machine shop where we manufacture aftermarket parts for ZF, Volvo, and Allison transmissions. I would like the opportunity to help you with the problems that you are having. Please contact me at anytime. Regards, Kyle Wine Centranz, Inc. 800.457.5400 816.650.3161 Fax: 816.650.5900 [email protected] http://www.centranz.com

  17. #17ZFPTrans2009-02-03 15:56

    Hello Kyle, Unfortunately "remanufactured" aftermarket parts :Banghead do not last in a ZF transmission. Always buy Genuine and buy direct from your Authorized ZF distributor.

  18. #18ZFPTrans2009-02-03 16:14

    BTW, For anyone who is ever in need of any ZF product, whether searching through magazines or websites, always be sure to look for the blue symbol. If they're not using it... They're not authorized

  19. #19Dam Minh Thang2010-01-08 09:54

    How about A35D,A40D volvo and 769C, 769D, 773E transmission.

  20. #20ZFOverhaul2010-01-08 10:21

    We can provide rebuilt/exchange transmissions for the Volvo A35D and A40D Machines. Give me a call at 816-650-3161 and I can give you a quote or help you with troubleshooting issues. As far as the CAT transmissions, we would have to rebuild your unit. Let me know if I can help. Thanks, Kyle

  21. #21oldseabee2010-02-16 10:49

    I worked for Bell Equipment North America (Bell factory and head office was in South Africa) for 9 years in Product support. Bell Articulated trucks used ZF transmissions in several models.

  22. #22JDLoader2012-06-20 17:09

    Hi ZFPtrans. I was hoping you could help. I just left my Volvo dealer and they had indicated that ZF supplies most the axles for Volvo heavy construction equipment. Can you confirm? This would include articulated dumps, wheel loaders, backhoe loaders and others. I thought Volvo manufactured their own axles. I also thought I heard they had a partnership with Komatsu for axles, but haven't been able to confirm that. I was also wondering if farm_boy correct on the John Deere wheel loaders ZF is only under the 444J's, 844J, 444K and 844K?Thanks,

  23. #23farm_boy2012-06-21 00:56

    This is correct, with one minor update. There are now 5 models of Deere loaders with ZF axles. T3 444J 444K 844J 844K 844K2

  24. #24redsfandrew2012-09-20 11:00

    does anyone know if the Case Backhoes use ZF axles? If not, what axles are they putting in them?

  25. #25Top Dog2013-12-10 22:26

    ZFPTrans or ZFOverhaul I have a Case 921B loader, it is shifting hard from forward to reverse. Is there a accumulator or something that I could check?

  26. #26mamuka2015-02-17 02:04

    Dear sir. i am looking for ZF geabox(transmision) for case 721 B 1998-year use one. let me know ASAP please. K.R. Mamuka

  27. #27Ermias2018-03-12 08:51

    Doosan DL300A wheel loaders uses ZF transmission and Axle.

  28. #28Ermias2018-03-12 09:46

    When i disassembled a ZF rear axle of wheel loader i found out that two clutch plates are putted together side by side,no clutch disc in the middle. both have taken heat due to friction. is there anyone who saw similar kind of assemblies? Why is that oh also the service manual and the part manual assembles the clutch pack the same as.... Plate-Disc-plate-Disc-Plate-Disc -plate-plate- Disc-plate-disc-plate

  29. #29Tony Wells2019-10-15 02:55

    Lazarus thread here.....I need a current contact for this company if some rep is still a member. Need a rebuild quote on a 4WG-150 Also need to know if a transmission from a 544G would bolt up to a 544E. I understand they are easier to come by if I go for a used unit. Don't like the idea, but customer is always right, right?

  30. #30Vetech632019-10-15 07:29

    Contact Centranz in Butler, MO.

  31. #31Tony Wells2019-10-15 11:16

    Vetech, already have a quote on rebuilding my trans from them, but thank you. Guess they could tell me about interchangeability as well. I'll shoot them an email.

  32. #32Tony Wells2019-10-15 19:24

    OK, for the record, my research and consultations have led me to the conclusion that the E series and G series machines are not compatible enough to make a swap in transmissions practical. Probably could be done, but time and money, plus ending up with less machine make it inadvisable.

  33. #33illy2022-11-24 17:10

    Hello, Hyundai HL757TM-9A has a ZF transmission but does it also have ZF axels? Which ZF axel is the rear one? Searching for parts... Machine S/N: HHKHLM05CF0000083