Working on a Zoom Boom 8044 and having some issues with the tilt function/compensator. When you push the button on the joystick and push/pull on it, it takes about 10 seconds for the forks to actually tilt up or down. All other functions are immediate when using the joystick, the only other related issues is that often the forks don't compensate during boom raising and lowering. I've done some pressure testing and not quite sure how to chase this one down. I've got 300 psi pilot pressure going to the valve body from the cab. I took a pressure reading at the cylinder and it gets almost no pressure until about 10 seconds after the joystick is moved, so it seems like something is causing a delay in the valve itself. I pulled it out and it looks fine. Not really sure how to keep chasing this issue. If I leave the forks up over night, they don't fall so I'm going under the idea that it isn't piston seal related. Anyone have any thoughts?
I would check spool valve on valve body . Swap coils with another valve if possible and see what happens
I had this problem, sent out the cylinder, it was bent, i think it also had blow by in the cylinder.
he guys, have a 1996 zoom boom 8040 zoom boom carelift with the slow or not functioning tilt of forks. i took the stick controler apart thinking it was something inside and have now broken the stick controler that you hold. does anyone know where i can buy another one? thanks in advance for your help.
find the part number and call skyjack, they own zoom boom now.