I try to stay away from these newer machines but a customer of mine has a 2016 Hitachi ZX60USB-5, it is off warranty, only got a one year warranty on a $100k machine! Yikes! John Deere must have had something to do with the diagnostic end of things, the display is locked, alarm sounding, machine in limp mode and shuts down in 15mins. The most rediculous error code I have ever seen is displayed, E:1100, in his operation manual says this means there is a problem with the engine, call dealer.... What!! I checked all the obvious (fluids, wiring/connections), looks like new, the machine only has 300hrs. Before this error code was displayed he said it would not Regen, never did. He also said the coolant temp "gauge" always showed two bars, even at -20c or in the heat of summer. I'm thinking the coolant temp sensor is faulty, maybe the brain thinks it's overheating now? It would make sense as to why it wouldn't Regen if it never saw full operating temperature, also the glow plugs have never came on since it was new, possibly because it reads two bars temp even when it's stone cold. He had the dealer out when it was still on warranty for the regen and glowplug issues, said they messed around all day and never fixed anything. Is there any way to get this thing to spit out a code without the laptop/software? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Don't know if it works on this one but the bigger machines take the usb adapter which you can get from john deere for like $300 and software is "available" online pretty easy
If it wasn’t fixed under warranty it may be time for a lawyer.
If he had it worked on under warranty and the issue was unresolved, I would hope that the dealer would realize they owe him a fix "under warranty" regardless if it's expired or not. At least a thorough explanation of why nothing was resolved. There's a paper trail there and it needs to be followed, if the dealer doesn't want to help anymore I would try to go higher up the food chain. I had som issues with a Kubota SVL90-2 well out of warranty and my dealer was good enough to realize it was a manufacturer issue, not an end user issue and repaired it with no cost to me. The dealer makes ALL the difference in the end.....
Thanks for the replies, I agree that the dealer needs to fix this issue free of charge, it's up to the owner to get that happening. It's rediculous that these machines cannot spit out a simple fault code without diagnostic software, what a money grab. This is why I try to stay away from this junk, simple problem made difficult!
There's no escaping the electrical monitoring/controlling of everything built presently-- Press/hold the menu button while turning key power on, then release -- That should get you into the service mode-- There should be a menu to look at any codes-- probably by number with no explanation included but it's a start.
Thanks I'll try that!