Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

06 JD 850J Reverse Threshhold low

Gus Mueller ยท 2024-06-01 08:37

I am getting a Right Reverse Threshold Low code TCU 522448.17 the Cal input volts are half the value between left and right and Cal output threshold (ma) is half value also see pictures

Replies12
  1. #1mg23612024-06-02 06:49

    How about a complete machine serial number? There are 8 versions of that machine. Did you try a calibration?

  2. #2Gus Mueller2024-06-02 10:09

    mg thank you for the reply TO850JX132443, I tried a stationary Calibration and it aborted with the following code TCU 522448.17 they are stored now and will not let me clear so the Dozer will not go in reverse

  3. #3Gus Mueller2024-06-02 10:19

    mg thank you for the reply TO850JX132443, I tried a stationary Calibration and it aborted with the following code TCU 522448.17

  4. #4mg23612024-06-03 05:31

    Sounds like you have a bad PCP on the pump. Do you have the Operation and Test manual TM1730? If not, you should get one. There are tests and adjustments in there for the PCP. A new one may be needed. $$$$ Also, I thought I would mention, the volts you see are normal. The voltage in neutral will somewhere near 2.5volts, with the voltage increasing in one direction and then decreasing in the opposite direction.

  5. #5Gus Mueller2024-06-03 08:47

    Thank you for the response mg yes I have the TM 1730 manual, we pulled the PCP because we could not get it to balance and adjust within 5% let alone 15% and then shipped to have it tested. I was informed it passed bench testing and was within pressure specs so they shipped back before I installed I pulled the PDCV and installed new screens while pulling a vacuum and did notice "1" of the (3) still had oil puddling. When I went to reinstall the PDCV actuator it was very difficult to make sure the levers where aligned because they both move around so freely and very difficult to see and witness the mating in the Dozer however I am 99.9 % sure they are good. Could this be from a misalignment of PDCV lever to Pump? any tricks to make alignment easier. Also I am including a photo of eff and relief settings wich shows 0.0 Pump mA.

  6. #6mg23612024-06-03 12:21

    The PCP is checked with differential pressure (Delta), not percentage. If it is over 15 psi Delta when a gauges are connected, or if you cannot get it within +/- 5 psi Delta, then it must be replaced. What was the specific pressures you had on each side of the PCP? Who bench tested it. As far as I know, that cannot be done, except maybe at the manufacturer.

  7. #7Gus Mueller2024-06-04 02:22

    Berendsen Fluid Power tested the PCP from the L/S Pump when I tested today it looked real close "1st two pictures". so then I tested the R/S pump and the pressures are off I am thinking tomorrow i will use a 100 psi gauge to be more accurate or do these tell the story?

  8. #8mg23612024-06-04 05:13

    Are you using 2 gauges, or switching one gauge between ports? Two gauges may not be calibrated quite the same. It is usually recommended to use one gauge and a switching box so there is no gauge calibration error. Or use a digital analyzer with delta capability. With that being said (assuming one gauge), they look pretty close. The 2 pictures on the left (94 psi and 87 psi) could be dialed in a little tighter. Then try a calibration. If it fails again, then try a NULL adjustment. Then try a calibration again.

  9. #9Gus Mueller2024-06-04 09:09

    Yes I am using one gauge switching between ports, I will see if I can get them closer and try a Calibration

  10. #10Gus Mueller2024-06-11 00:50

    mg, I had to P/U a couple more gauges before I tried to fine tune the PCP valve, I did switch the sensor plugs on the Hydrostatic diagnostic ports and the uneven Trans Pressure followed the sensor to the other Track when it was swapped "see photos"

  11. #11Gus Mueller2024-06-11 00:52

    mg, these are the sensor that I swapped plugs, in the manual it shows them separated in #1 port and #4 port

  12. #12mg23612024-06-11 05:22

    Looks like you have a faulty pressure sensor. I don't know if that will affect the calibration or not. There is a charge pressure sensor (on the HIC valve) that monitors charge pressure and that is the one that counts.