Hi all. I'm working on a truck for a friend. It is a 06 KW T800. I can't get the window to go up and down with the buttons. If I put 12 volts to the window reg. the window will go up and down. I have power to the control module in the door. I have power to the up and down control at the door. I see the fuse in the fuse panel. But I don't see a relay for the window. No marked space for window relay. They need the window to go down so they can see the R/S mirror to change lanes here in the winter. The windows fog up bad here. Is there a relay some where else on these? I did try a new control module say thing. The door light do work. I think thats in the button in the door jam. When I unplug the control module in the door, electric door locks work. Plug it back in and the locks don't work. Did the same with the new control module.
The windows don't use a relay, power goes to the control modual, the window switch sends an input to the module and then the module sends an output to the window regulator, reversing polarity for the up/down. Most likely a wiring shorting issue. The one we find most is in the drivers door at the hinge area, to much flexing damages the wiring, or in the pass door hinge if it is used lots. If you can, have a Kenworth shop print you off wiring diagram P94-1619 ( I haven't mastered this outside the shop...yet) that shows the dome and door wiring. hope this helps Cam
Thanks Greatwestcam. I will take a look at the wiring at the door jam on both sides. Drivers door is the only one that really gets used. That would kind of make sense now that you said that. They mentioned that it used to go up or down by it's self at times.
Hey Greatwestcam, Im working on a 2012 KW T800 with a similar issue, cannot operate the passenger side window from either side plus the door lock actuators are inop. from either side . I later discovered that both wires going to the lock actuators from the relay modules are both hot when one side of the door lock switch is pressed when one should be ground until you press the opposite side of the switch then the polarity should reverse. Right now i can make the actuators work by hooking up a jumper wire from ground to one of the actuator wires at the relay module. Im thinking that my problem is or are the door lock switches not able to send a pos and neg signal then reverse polarity but im not sure. I would like to know what you think? thanks in advance...Ariel..
This sounds more like the module is at issue, as the locks and window are not working, the lock switch sends a signal to the module, its only the window regulator motor that switches polarity to go up/down, and you say the actuators will work if jumped. most issues we see are in the drivers door control, seem they don't like to get wet and burn out or blow fuses. hope this helps....Cam
Thanks for responding, The 2 position lock actuator only has 2 wires going to it so in order to make it actuate the other direction it has to reverse polarity. installing the jumper wire allows me to actuate it to lock but to make it unlock,i have to move the jumper to the other lock switch wire that goes to the module, grounding both wires doesnt work because one of those wires has to serve as a positive signal each time you press on the either lock or unlock button. Another weird thing is although grounding that one wire allows me to operate the lock actuator in one direction,i noticed that when i push the window lift switch i can also operate the lock actuator in the same direction. I also swapped the modules and lock switch from right to left and didnt make any difference so if either the module or switch is bad it has to be both sides right? I'm about ready to button everything up and send it to the nearest kw dealer..... if u can think of anything else i could be missing please feel free to let me know. thanks again.....Ariel
Sound like you have tested it out pretty well, now sounds like it may have a poor ground, I'll see if I can pull up a wiring diagram and find anymore info for you.
Either a bad ground or a bad diode but without a wiring diagram , i hate to start cutting zip ties and wire looms and before i know it i got the entire cab interior gutted so a wiring diagram will be greatly appreciated cam thanks again..
ok found a diagram that may help, its in a pdf file so PM me an email and I'll send it
[email protected]
Thanks so much for the wiring diagrams, this will definitely come in real handy tomorrow when i go and tackle this thing..i will let you know what i found..again, thank you....Ariel
Your welcome and good luck...Cam
2012 Kenworth T800 Rt side window and both door locks Inop. Hey Cam, That wiring diagram is not exactly for the truck i was working on but it is close enough & saved me a great deal of time today and i was able to resolve all my issues, thanks again......found a combination of problems... 1. both lock actuators took in some water that oxidized the moving parts inside ....took them apart,cleaned ,lubed the moving parts with white lithium grease ,reassembled and my door locks are now working great! 2. found a pin pulled out of r.h. door harness connector behind the glove box and that pin is what supplies power to the window lift module....Now that the problem's fixed, tomorrow i get to put the cab back together I can't thank you enough :drinkup