Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1:50 scale log trucks

HCF ยท 2010-10-15 01:50

Hey. I have some 1:32 scale stuff and was wondering if anyone made log trucks in 1:50 scale. I'm thinking about switching over to 1:50 since there are so many models available. I'm also looking for a good lowboy with jeep and pup. If anyone makes that stuff. Thanks fellas

Replies22
  1. #1HITACHI3502010-11-14 01:00

    i was think of making a log truck like the 1:32 scale trucks

  2. #2HCF2010-11-14 02:25

    Yeah. I actually have a couple of the 1-32 scale log trucks. That's the scale I started out collecting. But switched to 1-50 because of the huge amount of detailed models available. I will post a link to my 1-32 scale album when I get back to the home computer. I would like to get a standard long logger and a mule train in 1-50 scale. I think I need to make a few more things before I take on a project like that.

  3. #3HITACHI3502010-11-14 03:49

    yeah i also stared in 1:32 scale yeah i think a mule train would be so awsome

  4. #4HCF2010-11-14 04:11

    I just wish there were west coast style log trucks available commercially. I found one log truck but it was some crazy European thing. I also called first gear and the minimum order for a custom cast model is 5000 units. WOW. Sure wish I could find a distributer who thought they could pawn off about 4990 of each. I'm really not sure if there would be any hobby shops willing to do that. It would be cool though.

  5. #5HITACHI3502010-11-27 19:36

    hey i just got a pete 389 black made by norscot and in 2-3 weeks ill have a kwick change log truck with pup so when i start ill post a new thread of the hole build:bash

  6. #6HCF2010-11-27 19:52

    Nice. I started a 5th wheel hayrack the other day. I just need to get some trailer axles and some more styrene or whatever that plastic stuff is called. I think it should turn out pretty good. I'm excited to see your quick change build.

  7. #7HITACHI3502010-11-27 20:44

    me to i just toke the thrid axle of the pete once i get the pieces ill start the thread

  8. #8MOUNTAIN MAN2010-11-28 01:08

    Hey, if anybody is making any of this stuff, please post pictures as i have a model collection needing a log trailer! Thanks!

  9. #9HITACHI3502010-12-11 16:40

    i just started my log truck

  10. #10JDOFMEMI2010-12-11 19:17

    Here is a nice KW log truck. Up for auction. Closes tomorrow, 12-12-10 http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=488&aid=34479&lid=9391179#topoflot

  11. #11HCF2010-12-31 22:37

    That was an awesome model. Those off road log trucks have always amazed me.

  12. #12HITACHI3502011-03-16 19:39

    hey i got a log truck set up for a sword t800w and a first gear pete 367

  13. #13MOUNTAIN MAN2011-03-17 22:20

    I bought it from him, has it been shipped yet Austin?

  14. #14forester2011-04-20 17:45

    hello all, I can't build models but have been checking to find more items to add to my forestry collection. Found a possible source for log trucks as per this e-mail response I recieved from http://www.mooresfarmtoys.com/ We could have the log trailers laser cut in 1/50th scale for you. Cost would add $5.00 per trailer more than 1/64th ones. And would need 50% down on them and would be 4-6 weeks for them. Will check on doing a chip trailer. No plans for vans as you can get them from other companies in 1/64th and 1/50th. Let us know on log trailers." Related to this do you know if anyone is doing models for the following trailer configurations? B-train wood chip B-train short wood for 16 ft logs B-train short wood for 8 foot logs (pulpwood) Pull trailer (aka piggyback) longwood These are the most common configurations I deal with but have not been able to find models for. forester

  15. #15HITACHI3502011-04-22 00:11

    hey i actuly make all kinds of log trailers i have a web site i have made the west coast style log trailers all the way to gaint trailers in maine and still making more kinds all in 1:50

  16. #16HITACHI3502011-04-22 17:52

    heres the t800w

  17. #17HCF2011-04-24 22:03

    Here's one I just got back from a guy in AZ. Pretty sweet qc logger. http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x398/HillbillyCustomFab/Diorama shots/1e5d0cab.jpg http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x398/HillbillyCustomFab/Diorama shots/8908c933.jpg Looks great in the dio.

  18. #18KW850&T800H2011-04-25 22:05

    Has my trailer been shipped or did you jink all of us?

  19. #19HITACHI3502011-04-26 13:15

    hey thats sweet i seen that guys two axle trucks on dhs but the drop axle seels the deal its sweet looking

  20. #20HITACHI3502011-04-26 13:17

    yes

  21. #21HCF2013-04-28 03:42

    I know this thread is really old, but in that time I have gotten a bit better at modeling. Check out my Facebook page! www.facebook.com/TimberlineThinningCompany

  22. #22tain2013-12-14 03:38

    do you need the picture?or the method? x431 diag