Need to find some 10.00-24 tires for CAT 212 Grader... New or Good Used... Thanks. Respy, CarlsCAT
Tires for CAT 212 Grader Does anyone know if 13.00-24 tires will work okay on the CAT 212 Grader that uses 10.00-24 tires ? Thanks. Respy, CarlsCAT
Tires Carl----your in trouble as I have read the 13.00 will hit something if you try it and new tires can be had only from one place. Diemans I think it is called. More than $400 each. That's kind of high for me. My 212 tires are kind of--really are iffy and when they go I'm going to try to retro a 24.5 truck tire and see what happens. I have seen them on 212 graders--but don't know if it was a success in the long run. If not--may try to retro on a Dayton 24.5 rim. I'm not into looks as much as long term success. Only wish I'd looked for an Allis D with the 8.25x20 tires!! LB
Tires for CAT 212 Grader Thanks for the info, LB...I have heard from other sources that the 13.00-24's will rub against the chain drive housings... The last place I checked hand 10.00-24 Denman's on hand for @$400/tire...Just curious about any 10.00-24 tires available from China or Japan...Or, how to figure out the metric sizes...As for changing out the rims...well that might be more expensive that just buying the 10.00-24 tires...Kind of goes under "Stepping over dollars, to save dimes". The tires on my one 212 are useable...The other one needs some tires...thread showing on one, and the rest are bald...I figure to buy a few tires at a time due to the cost... unless I could swing a really good price for a set of 6... Thanks again for the input, LB. Respy, CarlsCAT
Tires Just looking at one of my salvage dealer books, I will list a few in the book. The freight may kill you, but you can always check www.thilltractor.com www.corleysparts.com they are in TX www.bwdozer.com www.pickettequip.com www.alliancehe.com they are in Tx Always ask can they recommend someone, if they dont have it. It has helped me lots of time. Some of these had 212 showing dismantled, so you might get lucky and find some good tires. Didnt I hear someone say, they could recap these tires?? Good luck
Was looking at a tire suppliers catalog...and finally noticed that 11.2-24's are the replacement size for 10.00-24's...and much cheaper, too.... Looked real close at one tire on the grader that seemed to be bigger than the rest...hard to read but it's a 12-24... Looks like 11.2-24's will do the job just fine... Respy, CarlsCAT