Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

$100.00 paint job

coxey2 ยท 2014-02-15 03:24

OK let me have it again....what horrible thing I must have done? 2 gal Rural King Cat yellow paint, 1 quart black enamel, masking tape.

Replies27
  1. #1thetabop2014-02-15 04:26

    looks fine to me?

  2. #2caterpillarmech2014-02-15 05:54

    Very nice. Love seeing a clean machine.

  3. #3pp13bnos2014-02-15 08:10

    You forgot the LGP stickers?

  4. #4Nige2014-02-15 08:18

    That looks tidy to me.

  5. #5wilko2014-02-15 09:00

    Looks like you did a good job on prep. Nice Challenger too.

  6. #6td25c2014-02-15 09:39

    What wilko said:thumbsup. Its a tough call between the Challenger and the D3 Cat as they both look great

  7. #7ACcrazy2014-02-15 09:45

    What wilko and td25c said.

  8. #8boaterri2014-02-15 10:12

    Too much paint on the blade. Rick

  9. #9kuppy2014-02-15 10:19

    that was funny

  10. #10grandpa2014-02-15 10:49

    Cozey2 Looks good. Don't worry about the other post either. Opinion's are like *******'s,,, and everybodies got one.

  11. #11chroniekon2014-02-15 11:52

    Looks good. What all did you do for prep?

  12. #12coxey22014-02-15 12:14

    cheap walmart pressure washer.

  13. #13Dickjr.2014-02-15 12:41

    Color looks good , hand paint black stripe looks great. When do you want to do my backhoe?

  14. #14big ben2014-02-15 19:40

    OK, remind me again what those track pads are used for ? Floatation ?

  15. #15kshansen2014-02-15 20:10

    Looks good from here!

  16. #16kb9tci2014-02-15 21:23

    Your Rural King must have a better selection of paint. Ours carries Majic. Its not fit for a derby car IMHO. If that's what you used, my hat is off to you to make it look that good! I think they forgot about 99% of the solids in the paint I bought. What brand did you use??? Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  17. #17ben46a2014-02-15 21:37

    Withe everyone sayin nice challenger I was looking for a tractor :s oops! Nice job, I gave a pickup the 100 dollar special last week. Sure cleans them up.

  18. #18coxey22014-02-17 20:45

    pyramid pads for soft terrain.

  19. #19coxey22014-02-17 20:47

    Cheap Binks model 7 paint gun. I think it was majic; I'll check.

  20. #20HATCHEQUIP2014-02-17 21:05

    Looks great

  21. #21JBGASH2014-02-18 00:41

    Looks good

  22. #22oldirt2014-02-23 10:09

    challenger looks excellent too..

  23. #23bucyrus6312015-03-14 18:13

    Looks great!

  24. #24D6c10K2015-03-14 18:45

    If I can do it for $100 in materials maybe I should do my D6......I was thinking of using and airless paint gun but not sure it would work ok. It sure painted a house fast the last time I used it.

  25. #25Nitelite2015-03-14 23:37

    Now you will really hate to get it dirty! Looks good!

  26. #26RonG2015-03-15 04:30

    I thought that I would be the only guy to notice the Challenger.lol.Ron G

  27. #27pafarmer2015-03-16 07:39

    Looks great ! Nice car too....polish that blade up now with it....