So on what I think is a return/bypass hose/steel line combo someone tore the threads up. It seems they forced a SAE pipe thread fitting into a BSPP female fitting. There are 2 lines leading to each of the drives are good so far. The problem 1/2" line comes off the bottom of the center joint to a Tee, then each branch goes to the top of each drive motor. My question of many is: If I replace the steel line with SAE 100R2 hose will it work or is there 5 - 6K pressure on that line like there is on the drives? Other options include brazing the hole that always rusts through under the clamp and welding a new coupler on.
Sounds like that line is just case drain for the motors, so that hose will work. Better option then trying to weld oil impregnated pipe!
Thx Greg... seemed to make sense to me but wanted a second opinion.
Find out the pressure first. What had the BSPP thread?
What I'm calling the return line had a female BSPP swivel fitting factory welded to the pipe. Interesting to note that a 1/2", 4090 psi rated hose about 2 feet long joined the pipe and center joint. As far as finding any pressure.... I have scoured the service manuals with no luck.
A spec. sheet should say or call a dealer and ask.
On the top side of the rotary manifold (swivel) where does the 1/2" line go, should go to a return manifold or direct to the reservoir. There is no pressure spec for case drains that I know of, you want the least amount of pressure possible otherwise the shaft seal on one or both motor(s) will blow out. If in doubt just use 4 wire hose.