My wife finally appreciates my backhoe! It worked great for cleaning the rug. That rug weighs a ton when it’s wet. Anyone else have any funny uses for your backhoe? Also can someone please explain to me why we remove the carpet, install hardwood floors and then cover them with rugs?
Believe it or not but the Russian dude we had on here with the hot tub under the loader bucket. Wife and I did it this summer, alcohol was involved. Lol Maybe a few other things. Was turning m cutting edge over.
Man... I was trying to talk my wife into getting me a horse trough to chill out in over the summer, since we've taken down the pool I didn't want to maintain. I never thought I had my own trough in the barn! Harley, did you just put the bucket on a fire or how did you heat it? So far I haven't been too creative. Mine has lifted the big, flat part of a rock screener I'm making, which is currently holding a lot of lumber while I had to move it out of the barn. I ran the loader bucket up under the screener and chained the far side to the bucket to lift the whole pile. I should be moving it back soon, then I can get back to work on the screener. We used the loader bucket to lift my wife up to tie a rope swing to a branch. I may use it the same way to install gutters on the barn, don't know if it'll go high enough. I'll have to start thinking of more creative uses.
They work great for moving heavy wood stoves. Get a bunch of pipes or whatever to scoot it out on the porch, and scoot it right into the front bucket. My front porch was about 5 ft from the ground. Moved it myself.
Mine does a good job at frustrating me when trying to source obsolete hydraulic kits.
Best thing since sliced bread... Most of below is the backhoe itself verses loader. * use to transplant wifes Petunias * Use to bury Hernando, the fish after wife complains that I was originally going to toss him into woods * Bury the random deer carcas that the dog drags to the front yard * Hoist the rear wheel of the backhoe (stablizers down) to put tire into truck for new tire, reverse to put on * Hoist loaded rear tire of tractor to do same * Use to push trees over after careful preparation * Use to "push" machine out of muck after some dufas (ahem, me) took down to lake to clean out some settlement while the lake water was drawn down and got stuck up to rear axle * Use to pull some country rednecks out of a ditch after he slid off road and unable to extricate himself My list could probably go on for a couple pages..... we finished building house essentially 20 years ago and I STILL use this thing around this place once/three times every 10 days or so...
We had cleaned up the river on a hot day and bucket was nice and clean and filled it up with river water and cooled off. We want to swim in the river but need access as bank is 15’ high.