This was my project this fall. I sanded and primered it then had an Industrial paint shop shoot the main part of the machine. I painted most of panels and then put it all back together. Rather than use the factory decals I shot the gloss black on and had a local sign shop make me these reflective decals , which are exactly the same size as the originals. They used the original panels to make a vectored imagine of the logo before we sandblasted them off. I don't like conspicuity tape so this was how I got around using it. :thumbsup Looks pretty cool at night when the lights hit it. :naughty We welded all new ballstuds on and installed all new wearstrips. Just like new again. Checkout that old logo etching in the back window..:scool
WOW- That's is beautiful work! Does it drive as well as it looks? IS that Cat on the back glass etched in?
Just when I'm starting to have sympathy for your working conditions you show me this. Great job Randy!!! Where's Northart at??? He'll think this thing is the "Cat's Meow"!!! :cool2
i think your grader's sexy. xoxoxo
dayummmm, that looks fine.
mighty fine,mighty fine
Nice job
Grader envy
Old ? Hi Randy, "11 years old ", I thought you were talking about one of your kids ?? at first running a grader . LOL Beautiful paint job ! :usa Just called a friend in Fairbanks,said it was +50F this pm. Raining up here, in Talkeetna. What goofy weather.
That is a very good looking grader. And 11 years old too! A++
You most very proud to yourself , what a splendid machine , and the old logo is splendid to .
excellant work and thanks for sharing
man randy is there anything you don't do greatly? LOL, great job, I like the reflective decals
Too much time on your hands. Hi, Randy. Man, you gotta git yerself a REAL job. You've obviously got too much time on your hands. Now when are you gonna take on a REAL restoration - like say an 8T or 9K Cat 12? I know where there's a 6M 6-cylinder gas Cat 12 over near you in need of a new home. Well, it's nearer to you than to me - Paso Robles, California. That is a great job, M8. It really looks the part. Thanks for sharing. Nice touch with the reflective decals and the etched wavy Caterpillar logo. How's your winter going? Our summer's really great - in my A/C cab.
11 Years Old: She's a bute, Randy... :thumbsup... and I wish I had your shop... :cool2 OCR
how about this northart>10 months and a girl,but pretty much familiar with the controls Randy,i´m very jealous about your beatiful machine!!nice work!!!