Need help with track adjusters on my old 1150. Are these grease tensioners or something different? I pulled front idler off to replace bearings and was going to rebuild tensioner.(I was told it didn't work when I bought the machine) I'm not sure how these work and I'm not sure the previous owner did either. Can anyone provide some insight on these machines and track system? Thanks. I will try to post some pics of the tear down thus far.
Yes , they are called Hyd Track Adjusters , there is a grease fitting right behind the idlers , use grease gun and a oil type grease would be better than multi use grease . If track adjusters don't hold then you may need to repack ram in side the barrel.
Thanks, I know the B model case have the style adjuster you described this one seems to be different. The front fork that attaches the idler is separate from the adjusting ram. At the rear of the adjuster there is a small pipe plug maybe 1"dia that accepts a 1/2" drive to remove it. Nothing was in cylinder when I removed it. I cannot find any grease fittings but there is some grease in the ram. I'm sure I'm just over looking something.
I believe I have it figured out. Seems as tho there was some customizing done on the adjuster. After removing from the machine and cleaning everything up I see how it "did" work and how it works now. Thanks again.
"Customizing" aren't we being very diplomatic? By the way we also have a Case 1150 and I do have a set of manuals for it let me know if you need any thing scanned in and emailed to you.