Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D5B CAT DOZER drive train (water in tranny)

bfkf1971 ยท 2013-08-24 14:58

I'm changing the oil in a d5b Cat dozer drive train. It got buried, and took on quite a it of water. I have changed the oil and filters once, andd cleaned the filter housing and strainer housing and took the back plate off the reservoir. The oil is still milky. Before I do this all again, what can I do different the second time? Can I flush the system some way?

Replies2
  1. #1bfkf19712013-08-24 16:05

    For the second round, I put the blade on some blocks and lowered it all the way down. This tilted the machine back so the tranny drained (at least drained more) to the reservoir.

  2. #2bfkf19712013-08-24 16:09

    I'm going to let it drain for a few days in the tilted back position before I fill it with oil again.