Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1150b help

miller125 · 2019-12-03 18:25

I have case 1150b I recently replaced control base gasket and fwd and reverse rings on the rear of the machine.When I went to move the machine I had 280 on pressure gauge than went 0 and would not move. I have checked suction side ,filter , gauge strainer, and the tube above moderator valve . The pump is 6 months old . Took the pump off it looks good and fluid leave is good. The machine will only move a few inch when first started. Could the problem be the pressure relief valve? I am lost looking for help thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Dave Neubert2019-12-03 19:52

    Check to make sure the inching pedal is not froze up

  2. #2alrman2019-12-03 22:17

    There is an upper & lower gasket on the control valve - did you replace both of them? I have seen the upper ones blow out also. You need to check the spring #26 at the variable orifice spool also.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2019-12-03 22:23

    The modulator valve could be stuck. Like Dave said check the center brake pedal make sure it's not stuck.

  4. #4miller1252019-12-04 09:37

    I did replace item #25 because it had broke in half and modulator valve I unhook it to make sure it was seated

  5. #5miller1252019-12-04 09:41

    I will recheck the top control gasket it was replaced this summer

  6. #6Coy Lancaster2019-12-04 11:48

    Item 18 is your modulator piston it could be stuck.

  7. #7miller1252019-12-04 12:19

    Can the spool be remove or piston be checked without pulling detent out?

  8. #8Coy Lancaster2019-12-04 18:30

    I meant item 19 is your modulator piston, You can remove the modulator valve as an assembly and then use a pair of flat nose snap ring pliers to remove piston. If you need to remove a spool the you have to remove the detent.

  9. #9alrman2019-12-05 16:24

    When you replaced the spring (#26), the roll pin (#29,30) was still in place?

  10. #10miller1252019-12-05 17:55

    Well check moderator piston is was not stuck came out with magnet. As for valve control gasket all three were good. Yes alrman I replace # 25 it was broke the springs were good. Also check control valve ports while checking gaskets. I guess I will check pressure relief valve next. Thanks for help if you guys have any more input I welcome it

  11. #11Coy Lancaster2019-12-07 20:25

    May have been asked but what is pressure gage showing? Is the hi lo lever engaged?

  12. #12miller1252019-12-07 21:20

    Gauge show 0 at any any range. Had the pump check yesterday. So now back to square one. Now going grease all suction fittings to see if I miss one.

  13. #13Coy Lancaster2019-12-08 09:59

    Pull the lower rear cap off and check seal rings there could be a problem there.

  14. #14miller1252019-12-10 17:10

    Update on the progress I have eliminated the pump and torque converter. With a simple test of checking pressure at the second filter hose and had 280 psi. A case mechanic told me this he said if I had pressure there than it’s in control valve. What do you guys think?