Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

120G transport

Cindydog777 ยท 2023-08-22 09:26

Hi folks, I am in Panama, and we bought a Cat 120G used in Kentucky. The engine is blown, I need to be able to lift the circle and use a chain to keep it up, but I also need to turn the blade to fit on the lowboy. How can I do that, without hydraulic power? Thanks for any help, Graham

Replies6
  1. #1Acoals2023-08-22 09:38

    Crack the lines loose on the lift cylinders and lift the circle up and chain it? More of the same with the blade. You are going to need another machine to help . . .

  2. #2Cindydog7772023-08-22 09:48

    Thank you for your response, but doing that I would be concerned about the amount of hydraulic oil spilt.

  3. #3Cindydog7772023-08-22 10:03

    Maybe better to remove the circle lift cylinders? Then lift the circle. The blade I don't know. Thanks, Graham

  4. #4Acoals2023-08-22 10:09

    Use pans to catch the oil. . . Or take everything apart, if you prefer.

  5. #5Welder Dave2023-08-22 21:43

    Do the lift cylinders have float position? If so put controls in float and lift the moldboard and chain it. If no float could try hold the control valves in lift and see if the moldboard could be raised. Could try the same with the circle turn. I'm not sure if hyd. pressure or flow is required to release any lock valves in the circuits though. If that's the case hoses need to be loosened or cylinders removed.

  6. #6Jonas3022023-08-22 22:20

    Not hard to unbolt the cylinders so you can lift the circle with a chain comealong if you dont want an oil mess Circle drive is a worm gear self locking could put hoses on and run off another hydraulic source, pull motor and find some thing to engage splines and turn gears, open top of gearbox to pull gear out need air for the parking brake to release of course there will be no steering