All, Sorry I have not been on here in a while asking questions about the 125C International. Lost my job last fall, went to school, got a new job in March (less money), but still have the 125C. And its issues did not magically go away since last year, however I did get all of the manuals for it. So thanks ahead of time and here goes. It has two main issues, over heating and a mobility problem (sometimes does not go forward or reverse, etc., sometime does). I would like to attack the overheating problem first. Before I changed the (broken) thermostat last year, I would run the machine for about a half hour and when the temp gauge went into the hot range, I would shut it off. Let it cool off (a couple hours) then I would repeat. I decided that I would change the stat and put a new mechanical gauge on it that actually had numbers. So I removed the stat housing and took the stat out. It is the type that has the washer like thing attached to the bottom. However, the pin that held the washer on was disintegrated and the washer was laying over the hole in the housing. So I thought that I had found the issue. I put in a new stat, radiator cap and a new gauge. Now it will run at idle all day a 190. When I run it hard it still gets hot after about 20 minutes and I let it idle when it gets to 230. After 10 minute of idling, it is back to 190. So better, but not right of course. I asked this question last year before changing the stat and the gauge and one suggestion was the belt. I just remembered that and I will check that. I believe that it could be the radiator as it has never been cleaned since '74 (new). Should I try and clean the radiator in the machine (chemicals) or would you take it out and get it cleaned? I have the manual and it seems that there is a bypass that allows the coolant to keep circulating until the stat opens and sends water through the radiator. I don't like this as unlike a car or truck (I know a car and a truck have bypasses, but not the same), the radiator needs to be completely free flowing or it will bypass readily without the operator knowing. Am I all wet here? (pun intended) Thanks, Carl
Crap, I forgot, everyone likes a picture....
Can you open the front grille and get to the front of the radiator? Or is there an oil cooler in front of it preventing access to front of radiator?
OK, so I am a moron. I remember grabbing the fan belt last year and it had about a half inch slack and thought that would be OK. Wrong. So after I posted above, I went out and checked the fan belt. About a half inch slack as before, however this time I grabbed the fan to see if I could make it slip. I thought I had a clutch fan by the way I could spin it. Obviously not tight enough and the belt is glazed. So I tightened it, started the machine and just went and popped about 4 stumps of moderate size and am working on a 24 incher currently. After about an hour of hard work, 190 all of the time and no transmission problems. I can't believe I over-thought this one so bad. Now I just have to go get some more diesel. Thanks, hope this helps someone else. Carl
I have to thank "jughead" for this. Thanks, Carl
Oh, and I am going to get a new belt when I get to town.....
No...your not a moron. A moron would have wrote a post something like "I can reach in and grab the fan and give it a good spin...spins fine...don't think the fan is the problem..."
Hey CB1! I just bought a Dresser 125E. Really like it. Just trying to do some research on here, and learn from other people. Yes, Like the pictures! BZ59
BZ59, Learning as I go. Currently I'm chasing a pretty good engine oil leak, probably the valve cover or side cover and am making a root rake for it. Will get some pictures of the rake on here when I get that done. Not to sure the differences between the "C" and "E" models, though. Mines a C and yours an E. cb1
Here is Mine
I like it. Need a roll bar like that for mine...
BZ59, I can't believe you have a 8N in the background. I have one of them also. Now that is funny...... cb1
Its saved my head already!
1950
BZ59, Check out a previous recent post of mine. I don't think you saw it.
Now I'll have to take a picture of my tractor....
Yes, that is my best machine! I bought that 8N back when I bought this property back in 87. Rebuilt it, my wife bought me the 2 firestone rear tires for Christmas when I did the rebuild. Gotta love her! I have a 861 powermaster in the pole barn. The 125 E is my latest toy. I just got the operators manual today.
Thank You for those pictures! That was a big tree! Dag! I am mostly pushing the thorn trees and elms over here. Saving the maples. Just clearing up the place a bit. Nice 125! Yes, I think a Rops should be in the works for ya. As you can see, I just got to my 3 posts here, so as I can post my pictures. Everyone likes pictures! Right?
Yep, everyone likes pictures..