Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

13’ CAT 252B3 intermittent power loss

PhilCarrier · 2024-01-11 15:58

Good afternoon Forum! I have a 2013 CAT 252B3 SN CAT0252BETNK02246 Skid steer just started having an intermittent power problem. When you turn key, sometimes we have power to key and we hear a click coming from starter. (Starter doesn’t engage) and then skid steer loses all power, no lights and nothing at ignition. We then turn the key off, try to turn key again and no power at all to anything. Other times there will be nothing to ignition at all and no power any where else. We have replaced the battery as well as tried to use jumping cables. Still the same thing occurs. The first time this occurred I heard a not so usual sound coming from the fuse box behind the seat. After that time, the fuse box has not made that same noise. I am hoping some folks on this forum has encountered this before and can give me some tips where to look. Thank you for your time. Phil

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632024-01-11 16:58

    Have you checked all the machine ground connections?

  2. #2PhilCarrier2024-01-11 17:02

    The research I have found mentioned ground connections. The only one I see is from the negative battery terminal. Do you know where the others are located? Thank you for the response!

  3. #3heymccall2024-01-11 17:45
  4. #4PhilCarrier2024-01-11 17:46

    Thank you very much for this helpful information! Phil