Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 299 d2 throwing code 723-8

jayintoledo · 2024-01-11 11:37

Hello im new to the forum and have a cat 299 d2 that is throwing a code 723-8 engine speed sensor #2 abnormal frequency pulse wisth or period.. could someone point me in the right direction to solve this issue

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-01-11 12:55

    Always good to start with a Serial Number because you are most probably going to need the appropriate electrical schematic for your particular machine. I can see 5 different models of 299D2 and there may or may not be differences between them - I have no idea.

  2. #2jayintoledo2024-01-12 07:52

    cat0299dtfd201884

  3. #3Nige2024-01-12 10:15

    Attached is the troubleshooting procedure for various Codes including 723-8. You will also need an electrical schematic. I wil lsend you one so keep an eye on your messages.

  4. #4jayintoledo2024-01-12 11:25

    thank you very much that helps a ton

  5. #5Nige2024-01-12 11:37

    Check your actual installed engine model because Step 1 of the procedure does not apply to C3.8 engines in Tier 4 Final configuration.