Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

18,800# Tilt Bed

Tommjr ยท 2007-03-15 19:10

I have a 2004 Felling 18,800lb gvw trailer with 75% Rubber. The trailer is in mint condition. Just off fresh DOT. It has a 22' Deck, 9,000lb oil bath axles. Very nice trailer. Just curious how much this thing is worth? I paid $8500.00 for it brand new. It also has load range H tires with solid steel rims. This thing is beefy. Thanks for all the info!

Replies6
  1. #1Tommjr2007-03-16 18:38

    No trailer sales guys here?

  2. #2thejdman042007-03-17 16:17

    I am no trailer expert and not to be an arse at all but a tilt top is worthless to me. And most guys I have talked to dont like tilt tops. Some machines dont stay put when you put them up there,esp if the deck gets oily and slick. But from waht I have seen used trailers in decnet shape usually bring good value. they usually only lose about 2 grand value esp if they have good tires and brakes.

  3. #3skata2007-05-12 21:06

    what do you mean the machines move around? move while loading? cause once they straighten out, how is it any different than a normal trailer? by the way, i'm looking to get a tilt trailer pretty soon for a tracked skidsteer. and from what i've seen, the decks dont tilt that much. a normal trailer with ramps has a more severe loading angle.

  4. #4digger242j2007-05-12 21:33

    I talked to a friend (with back troubles), the other day who's thinking of buying a trailer, and he's specifically looking for a tilt trailer so that he doesn't have to handle the ramps.

  5. #5CascadeScaper2007-05-13 02:10

    Yeah, I'm a fan of tilt decks, but don't mind ramp trailers. Loading on a tilt bed with an excavator is easier and safer than a ramp trailer as there's no breaking point. But, a backhoe or anything will wheels is much easier to climb up ramps than a tilt bed. Out here, nobody runs ramp trailers, the beavertails get hung up on everything.

  6. #6Duke2007-05-27 12:10

    I just sold the exact same trailer for $6,000 ('06 Cam Superline 18,400 GVWR tandem axle with single wheels, electric tilt deck) . I paid $8,200 only 1.5 years ago, so I think I took a bath on this one. :Banghead http://www.camsuperline.com/pdf/DeckOverSplitTilt.pdf