My 1840 has developed a problem somehow related to the extra current draw of having the lights on. With the machine running, you turn on the lights after 30 seconds to a minute the "seatbelt" buzzer alarm starts going off and the machine dies soon afterwards. After it dies, the key does absolutely nothing (but the lights will still work on aux) until about a minute passes like something has to cool off and/or reset. I say "seatbelt" buzzer because that is what the light that comes on says but the machine doesn't have a seat belt sensor. I did some searching and I've found that others have had similar problems to what mine is doing but I didn't find anyone who had a solution. Any help would be appreciated.
I would check for loose ground wires or battery cables
The wiring loom rubs on the bell housing and shorts out, best to take to cabin forward and inspect the wiring loom, repair and add insulation coiling to protect. If that doesn't get it let me know. Cheers Bulldog